PDA

View Full Version : so, so miserable

cattia
08-03-13, 15:07
Hi, I have never posted in this section before. I have had anxiety for years but mostly healthy anxiety. However I was diagnosed last year with GAD. My currebt worries centre around my son who is almost two. I have obsessive worries about him having autism or aspergers. I research it all the time on the internet and convince myself that he has it. I don't sleep or eat properly because of it. My worries are very out of control and beyond all rational thought and I feel very depressed and alone because of this. My husband just gets annoyed with ne as he thinks I am being ridiculous. I just wanted to say hello in this section really and hopefully chat to some other folks who understand how it feels to be so nervous and in edge the whole time

clio51
08-03-13, 15:12
What makes you think your son as these problems?
Why don't you go to your gp and have him tested then you can either get it sorted or get some peace that he hasn't.

cattia
08-03-13, 15:17
I've been to the health visitor and the Dr already, they aren't concerned really as his speech is very advanced for his age. However there are lots of little signs like he doesn't point, he has low muscle tone in his hands, he is very hyperactive, has funny habits like shuffling and walking backwards, likes matching pairs of toys, all little things really but to me they add up. His interaction is fine, he plays normally and gets on well with his big sister, and like I said his speech is very very good but I am obsessed about it and overrun with worry. Everyone else says it's just normal behaviour for a toddler but I can't let my fears go. I think he would be too young to diagnose unless he had severe issues which he doesn't, they are little things.

HoneyLove
08-03-13, 16:16
Hi Cattia - have you gotten any help for your worrying? Like taking a course of CBT, learning relaxation techniques or seeing a counsellor?

Rennie1989
08-03-13, 16:30
I've worked with guys with autism and your son really doesn't sound autistic. Doctors find it incredible hard to diagnose autism for a two year old toddler anyway. If he plays normally with other children and his language is on par or advanced with his age then you really have nothing to worry about. All kids do weird and wonderful things.