PDA

View Full Version : Hello

chillx
11-09-06, 14:26
Hi

I have been visiting this website for the last 8 weeks and have found it very useful. I am a mature student, married with two teenage children.

About 2 weeks following the end of my second year at university (June 2006) I took a turn in the supermarkert I felt I was going to faint and then i started sweating, shaking, my heart was racing and I thought I was going to be sick. Since then I have been having feelings of dizziness most days. The GP said she felt that it was anxiety and I had a panic attack in the supermarket. She changed my beta blocker (which I take for high blood pressure) and over the last 2 weeks I have slowly felt better and have been able to visit the supermarket and have been gaining in confidence.

Yesterday I went to the supermarket with my daughter and I felt relaxed we spent quite alot of time shopping and i bumped into two friends and we chatted for some time (something that I couldn't have done 2 months ago). Then we went to the self check out ,we were laughing and having fun as i scanned the items. Suddenly I felt I was going to faint, I grabbed the trolley and the feeling was still there I then leant over the trolley until it passed. I don't understand where this came from as I have been feeling much better over the last 14 days and had no feelings of anxiety as i shopped, now I feel I am back to square 1. Has anyone else felt like this? This morning I had to take my car to the garage for a service and I got into quite a state not about driving but about walking the short distance home. In the end I asked the mechanic to drive me home and he also said he would drop the car off at the house when the service is complete. I felt a failure. Now I am also worried about going back to university in 2 weeks time. Not sure whether I can cope.

My main concern is the dizziness and sudden feelings that I am going to faint which come on unprovoked which makes me feel that it is more than just anxiety and there is something more serious. Although the GP seems confident that it is stress I am not convinced. If I could accept it as a symptom of stress I think it would be easier to move on.

Thanks for reading this

chillx

manmoor
11-09-06, 14:59
Hi Chill,

A big warm welcom to you. You will get lots of help here and make new friends.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
11-09-06, 15:01
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

samc100
11-09-06, 15:15
Hello Chill - I am a newbie too and been peeking into the forum before registering.

Hope you are having a good day.

Lynnann
11-09-06, 16:02
Hi Chillx,

We all have bad days and feel that we are taking one step forward and two back! Keep in touch with your GP. Don't beat yourself up over it! Tomorrow is another day!! If you don't think it is stress is there something else that is worrying you?

Be kind to youself for the rest of the day, pamper youself!!

Hugs to you!

Lynnann

yorkylover
11-09-06, 17:38
Hi,you are not alone in this.I have days where I think Im on the up and then Im back down agian.I think alot of people on here are probably the same.I can be fine in a supermarket one minute and then come over dizzy.Please dont feel a failure about asking the mechanic to drive you home.Im 39 and I have to get my dad to drive me to the doctors and dentists.If I have to go to hospital he has to come in with me.
You take care.;)

Ellen XX

nomorepanic
11-09-06, 19:06
Hi Chillx

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you

Nicola

Wannabeloved85
11-09-06, 19:10
welcome!! dizziness is one of my main fears also. dont worry about fainting, it'll not happen, but if you do ever get that siing feeling, to reassure yourself, clench your fists continuelly, it pumps blood back to the brain and prevents fainting!! a tool i use often! its deffinetly halpful in trick situations when you cant sit down and put your head inbetween your knees!
Becci x