PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 02:56
Hello.

I made an intro post about 13 months ago in this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=108473) thread. After that I dropped off the planet of the site. I came back on the site and tried to 'jump back into things' a bit fast. Having social problems, I realized I focused the agenda a bit on others then re- saying 'hi'.

I tend to do that a lot. It helps to focus off myself if I feel like I'm 'helping' something else.

At the age of 14 I dropped out of high school due to agoraphobia, what I didn't realize at the time my anxiety was a sign (or symptom) of physical health issues. I had/ have something called Cushing's disease, which is a tumor in the Pituitary gland. For those who don't know the Pituitary gland holds cortisol which is the stress hormone. How Cushing's is tested is to test to see if the coritsol levels are at extreme high.

That goes part of my journey. I have a blood disorder from this disease (which has been manageable through via blood transplants and a medication called stimate). Chemo has made the blood disorder worse which I deal with everyday. I often have anima and week and tired from both the chemo and loss of blood. Along with other hormone problems Cushing's brings on.

Because of Stimate, I'm not allowed to take any sort of anxiety, panic or depression medication. (it makes the medication not work as effective).

For years I didn't know what was causing my anxiety (or some as it, as I was always a shy person!) and panic attacks........ and to finally find out what caused it, really motivated me to promote the connection between mental health and physical health.

I work from home. I leave the house about once every 5 or so months. I am able to leave my room and venture into other parts of the house without panicking now!!! So a slow and long recovery process from both physical and mental health. My official mental health diagnoses, physical health anxiety, anxiety related trauma, agoraphobia and avpd.

:grouphug: Hugs and loves to you all. I hope you all are doing okay, both mentally and physically.

Take care.
P.M :-)

xtremx
09-03-13, 09:52
Hello and welcome

Panic Manic

I myself suffer from agoraphobia and Panic Disorder and understand how it can have a impact on one's life.

But you have had so much to contend with in life it must at times seem a uphill battle and for one so young I can only show admiration for you.

I hope some people on nmp will pop along and join me in this Warm Welcome and say hello and so the show the same understanding that they wish shown upon themselves.

I will join you in your group hug :grouphug:

saro
09-03-13, 09:56
Hey Panic,

I am also a long time sufferer of agoraphobia.

Welcome back to no more panic :) :)

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 10:28
:grouphug: Thanks for the re- welcomes =)

kittikat
09-03-13, 11:01
Hi & :welcome:

I too suffer anxiety, panic and agoraphobia....along with your other issues this must be very tough for you.

I wish you every success on your ongoing recovery and I'm sure you will make a valuable contribution here and perhaps some new friends along the way!!

I look forward to catching up with you in the forum! Stay positive :winks:

Kitti :hugs: xx

BobbyDog
09-03-13, 14:03
Wow,
Makes me feel rather humble, keep up the good fight!:yesyes:

Serenitie
09-03-13, 14:25
Hello.

I made an intro post about 13 months ago in this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=108473) thread. After that I dropped off the planet of the site. I came back on the site and tried to 'jump back into things' a bit fast. Having social problems, I realized I focused the agenda a bit on others then re- saying 'hi'.

I tend to do that a lot. It helps to focus off myself if I feel like I'm 'helping' something else.

At the age of 14 I dropped out of high school due to agoraphobia, what I didn't realize at the time my anxiety was a sign (or symptom) of physical health issues. I had/ have something called Cushing's disease, which is a tumor in the Pituitary gland. For those who don't know the Pituitary gland holds cortisol which is the stress hormone. How Cushing's is tested is to test to see if the coritsol levels are at extreme high.

That goes part of my journey. I have a blood disorder from this disease (which has been manageable through via blood transplants and a medication called stimate). Chemo has made the blood disorder worse which I deal with everyday. I often have anima and week and tired from both the chemo and loss of blood. Along with other hormone problems Cushing's brings on.

Because of Stimate, I'm not allowed to take any sort of anxiety, panic or depression medication. (it makes the medication not work as effective).

For years I didn't know what was causing my anxiety (or some as it, as I was always a shy person!) and panic attacks........ and to finally find out what caused it, really motivated me to promote the connection between mental health and physical health.

I work from home. I leave the house about once every 5 or so months. I am able to leave my room and venture into other parts of the house without panicking now!!! So a slow and long recovery process from both physical and mental health. My official mental health diagnoses, physical health anxiety, anxiety related trauma, agoraphobia and avpd.

:grouphug: Hugs and loves to you all. I hope you all are doing okay, both mentally and physically.

Take care.
P.M :-)

Hello & welcome, Kay! :hugs:

It has been lovely getting to know you these past few weeks. Your input on this site and connection with others has been invaluable. I for one am proud to know you a consider you as a friend :D

You have been through so much. Your bravery and ability to thrive and maintain compassion for others despite the adversity you have suffered is a real credit to you. As is the fact that you are so articulate when you had to leave education at such a young age.

You are a woman of incredible strength with a great spirit and so many talents including your beautiful singing :yesyes:

I am so glad to have connected with you through this site and hope that you receive as much support and friendship as you yourself have offered to others.

You are an inspiration! Keep being you. I wish you every success and happiness :hugs:

Cat xxx

Mark13
09-03-13, 19:05
Hello and :welcome: back to the forum :)

Panic Manic
10-03-13, 04:59
Thanks for all of your support, guys. Serenitie you are a doll, and a real friend, I'm glad we've met paths.

You all get a dozen :hugs: 's & <3 's of course!

Serenitie
10-03-13, 18:07
Thanks for all of your support, guys. Serenitie you are a doll, and a real friend, I'm glad we've met paths.

You all get a dozen :hugs: 's & http://anxietyspace.com/forums/images/smilies/rose.gif 's of course!

Likewise :yesyes:I hope that your day is being kind to you :bighug1: