PDA

View Full Version : chest/back pain

dusty41
09-03-13, 17:03
So I have suffered with H A for nearly 5 years now. My main fear is cancer( nursed my mum through lung cancer till she passed)! Anyway I have had nearly all of the usual text book symptoms, over the give years, however now I am having chest , and back pains. I ended up at A&e in November with them, really scary, thought I was having heart attack, did ECG, lung xray, blood tests, everything came back fine! The pain lasted about 8 hours However this last week I've had it on and off all week, it is baiting a little, but everything feels so sore, my chest wall , back muscles , creeping up into my neck.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? really freaking out that this uncomfortable feeling is still there?

Izzie2494
09-03-13, 17:22
Hi I too get chest and back pain, I have had tests and it has all come down to anxiety, when we are tense all sorts of muscles can ache, I have noticed that my posture has changed since I have had anxiety so I am curled over quite a lot which has led to back pain, I think because you are concentrating on it, it is making you think the pain is worse than it is, I notice when I forget about it the pain goes, try not to worry! :D

dusty41
09-03-13, 18:08
Thank you for your reply, its very much appreciated. Yh, when I'm not concentrating on it it seems to ease off! I also find a hot water bottle helps or a hot bath, its still that niggling doubt in the back of my mind that says this physical pain must be because of something sinister? I'm starting CBT again this Monday thank god, need someone to help me put these thoughts I'm having into some sort of rational thinking??? Its sooooo hard though and tiring to fight with the thoughts in your mind constantly, I wish I could turn the clock back and not have to deal with this anymore.I seem to go from crisis straight into another...:(( x

simi
09-03-13, 18:13
Hi Dusty I so so relate, I lost my mum 2 years ago with lung cancer, its really hard but I,m sure your symptoms are due to stress and getting over the loss of your mum,be kind to yourself take it easy x

Imperator
09-03-13, 18:15
Yes, I am very familiar to these pains. It goes away if you don't think about it.

dusty41
09-03-13, 18:36
Thanks everyone for your kind, supportive and encouraging words! X