PDA

View Full Version : im 18.....brain tumor???

stlcardinals15
11-09-06, 16:02
i have been getting headaches and then this morning i woke up got out of bed and i got that buzzing sound in my ear. about 6 months ago my brain tumor fear began. it went away for about 3 months and now it is back. i am only 18! are brain tumors common in my age group?? is it true that with brain tumors when you lie down you get really bad headaches?? someone please help im going crazy here!!

juju
11-09-06, 17:07
hi,
i think it sounds like anxiety symptoms, there are some good posts about ears/head problems, check them out, if you go on the home page and click on symptoms you will find everything you need to know there.
welcome to the forum
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

stlcardinals15
11-09-06, 20:38
thanks for you help! but im seriously so scared! its all i can think about. i need all of the reassurance i can get. is this likely to occur in an 18 year old??

nomorepanic
11-09-06, 20:44
There is no reason to suspect a brain tumour in someone so young and there are loads of other reasons for the symptoms.

If you had similar things and they went then that proves it isn't a brain tumour.

Have you had your ears looked at to see if they are blocked?

With brain tumours you can get excrutiating headaches all the time and not when just laying down. You would be in an awful lot of pain.

Nicola

Wannabeloved85
11-09-06, 20:48
hey,
i suffered headaches every morning for about 3 weeks, maybe longer, and im only 21, i always thought brain tumour! but it was actually due to tension. buzzing in the ear? ditto!!
Becci x

stlcardinals15
12-09-06, 04:18
im still freaking out!!!! what is my deal?? im in need of some serious help!!!

ceecee
12-09-06, 09:49
hi i know its easier said than done but please try not to worry too much as this only makes the headaches worse.have you tried any kind of relaxation?this may help as your headaches are probobly being caused by tension.
take care rachel x

mango
12-09-06, 10:11
The only people who can put your mind at rest are the medical experts. Go to your doctor and ask for a brain scan. I think it's very unlikely that you have a tumor but it is best to put your mind at rest x

MissBehavin
12-09-06, 10:20
No one can guarantee you're too young but headaches aren't a symptom alone of brain tumours. I dated a GP about 2 yrs ago, it was around the time my 7 yr old daughter started getting headaches & i was worried sick, but he assured me thats not a common symptom of brain tumours. There would be other things going on.
Go see your GP. But i would put money on it he/she would say the same thing. My sister was convinced she had a brain tumour a few yrs back & ended up having a break down because she wouldnt believe what her doctor was telling her, so get it sorted hun.
c x

Pete to win Big Brother 7

stlcardinals15
12-09-06, 18:48
what are some of the other things going on???

stlcardinals15
14-09-06, 20:36
this sucks so much. i just started my freshman year of college and with all of this brain tumor nonsense going on all i want to do is going home and be with my family. I cant concentrate on my studies because all i can think about are my headaches and the fact that i am constantly looking around at things to make sure my vision is going blurry