PDA

View Full Version : Another trip to London

clickaway
11-09-06, 16:32
Went to Brick Lane Carnival yesterday (not far from Liverpool St. station) primarily to take pictures at a fashion show.

Took the tube there and then walked through the thronging crowds; after picking up my ticket had to wait 20 minutes before we were let in and then the show was 30 minutes late starting. It lasted an hour.

When I left about 7.30, I walked back to the tube station a different way which was a bit of a challenge too, since I didn't know the streets and even had to ask and check if I was walking south rather than north!

I was really anxious and shakey on the way back, and did not calm down until I neared the familiarity of Waterloo station.

I have been suffering a lot of insomnia lately which has affected my functionality and fear, so this was a big test. When I am highly anxious, big crowds, the tube and hanging about are what I *don't* really want, so I think I survived well.

Here's one of the models on the catwalk.
http://www.pbase.com/clickaway/image/66638322

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

trac67
11-09-06, 16:42
Hi Hun,

Well done for yesterday, you did brilliantly with what you achieved.

Loved the photo too, well done again.

Catch up soon

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

surreylady
11-09-06, 16:45
wow ray you did great!!! and i loved the pic. the thought of travelling alone scares me but hearing this i hope one day i will do so again.
congratulations on conquering the anxiety, i know how hard it is

love
Mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

susie
11-09-06, 16:52
well done you are so brave you should be soooo proud of your self [Wow!] luv suexx

alexis
11-09-06, 20:06
Hi, seem to have lost touch, but well done anyway!

Alexis
xx

honeybee3939
11-09-06, 20:10
Well done Ray !

Thats a great achievement

love

Andrea
xxx

nomorepanic
11-09-06, 21:47
Ray

Well done again mate.

What fab news. Keep at it!
xx

Nicola

Karen
11-09-06, 21:54
Great that you did so well. Well done for going.

Karen

I love you in place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you

~The Carpenters~

juju
11-09-06, 22:33
well done for that,
you must be sooo proud of yourself, as you should be, big achievement ray, keep it up mate
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

manmoor
12-09-06, 00:05
Well done Ray. You did it again.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Sue K with 5
12-09-06, 04:21
Well done you !!

I am so proud of you, your going great guns well done and big hugs

xxxxxx

scknight

suzanne
12-09-06, 09:44
Thats fantastic, just reading what you did, got me panicy.

You must be so proud, just doing one of those things would mean the world to me, doing them all well its only a dream at the moment.

Love suzanne

s shaw

mad_shell66
13-09-06, 17:26
well done ray! i hope you had a good day
xx:D

Piglet
13-09-06, 18:16
Ray I think you do sooo mavellously well - even if you are feeling crap you get on with stuff that I am not sure I would do even on 'good' days.

How brave is tekking about London and then taking pics of beautiful women (I know how hard that bit is for you, after all they are not Thora are they :D). You are a brilliant photographer and a very determind brave person - well done hun!!!

I have had to start from scatch again since the 'wedding' as I really seem to have let it all go again during the summer hols. So out again today, 4 houses and counting, if at first you don't suceed, try try and bloody try again! :D:D:D

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Southern_Belle
13-09-06, 22:30
Hi Ray,

Congrats again! Also loved the photo!

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

polly daydream
14-09-06, 18:40
Nice one Ray, well done you!!!

Polly x

carlin
14-09-06, 18:58
Hi Ray, late to reply, as usual, lots of men here!!!! No don't be silly now, kitchen works etc..... I think you cope so well, you should be proud of yourself, you JFDI no matter how little sleep you have had, or how you feel. That is fab! As for the photo, do you know Ray, it was like looking in a mirror for me? I know, an older version of course, but so similar in so many ways. (yeah, right!) Maybe in a while if you can get to N.London, Highbury & Islington, i could stagger down there and we could meet up? Gosh, now that has scared me. Not meeting with you, just the thought of planning ahead. Oh dear Ray i will leave you now. Well done Ray. xxxxJean