PDA

View Full Version : Panic over tooth pain all weekend

Caramel
11-03-13, 11:18
Hey everyone, hope you're all ok xx

A couple of days ago, one of my teeth started to really hurt and I have got myself into such a state over it over the weekend! I've convinced myself that i'm going to need a root canal, or worse still, an extraction (it's one of my bottom front teeth).

I have suffered from severe GAD and panic attacks for years now and it's things like this that really exacerbate it.

I can't get an appointment for the dentist until tomorrow and I'm sitting here now getting more and more panicky over it.

I'm currently on a small dose of venlafaxine and trying to come off it (which for those of you who have done it know what hell that is!)

I have an emergency appointment with the dr later because I feel like I just can't cope :weep:

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

Have spoken to the doctor and she's prescribed me some Diazepam, so hopefully that will help.

kittikat
11-03-13, 12:00
Posted on your other thread hun, but just to say I had to have my wisdom tooth extracted a couple of weeks ago as I was in so much pain but to be honest the dentist was great, knew I was anxious (I had taken extra diaz before my appointment too) and the relief of the extraction far outweighed the pain I was suffering because of the tooth.

You will be fine...you can do this, it's just that anticipatory anxiety trying to get one over on you! Kitti :)

Abird1108
14-03-13, 11:06
Can't give advice really, but just letting you know i'm in the same situation ish. I have a hole in my front tooth and it hurts like hell. Haven't een able to leave the house for months but understand this is important. Doesn't help with dealing with the fact ima have to go get it fixed. So you're not alone xxx