PDA

View Full Version : One of the bad days, hypersenzitivity, fear of cardiac problems

majdle
11-03-13, 11:45
Dear Fellow-sufferers,
this has been one of the bad days, really..
Last night I went to the movies with my boyfriend. It even was a movie I was looking forward to seeing. I just didnīt guess it would be so...graphic. There was a scene where a guy got his fingers smashed by a hammer and it was all so loud and so graphic, that I felt like fainting, even though I kept my eyes closed. I was sweating like crazy, my heart was racing and I felt like running out of the room. In the end, I forced myself to sit through to whole movie, but every sound, every little thing made me freak out, feel lightheaded and sweat. I thought I must have some cardical problem. In fact, I am obsessing about it a lot. I went through a series of blood pressure tests before, and I do tend to have a jumpy blood pressure, but the doc said no heart tests were needed and I was sent off to a psychiatrist who said those were panic attacks. After that, I went ca 3 months without a singe epizode of this crap until last night at the movies. I somehow got home, but couldnīt sleep, my thoughts were racing 100 miles an hour and in the morning, I felt like someone has beaten me up, sore, tense, achy all over and edgy. I am so sick of this crap and so scary I am gonna die suddenly of some cardiac problem. I am 28 and yes, I am feeling very scared and guilty for being overweighed (75 kg, 173 cm), so I just keep obsessing. But this is not normal, is it? Like it wasnīt even a horror flick or thriller, it was just this one scene in otherwise a peaceful movie. Has anyone experienced anything like that? I really need some reassurance. Please help! Thank you.