PDA

View Full Version : New Diazepam user

Caramel
11-03-13, 11:48
Hey everyone, hope you're doing OK. :)

I'm just about to go and pick up a prescription for some Diazepam because I've got myself in such a state about going to the dentist tomorrow. It was an emergency telephone call, so I'm not even sure yet what dosage I'll be given, or even how many!

Anyway, this is the first time I've taken it, so I was going to take it today to see how it feels, then take it again tomorrow before the Dentist.

Has anyone got any advice about how I should take it? Should I take it just before the Dentist appointment (3 p.m.), or in the morning when I wake up?

Any advice you lovely people can give is very much appreciated!:bighug1:

kittikat
11-03-13, 11:54
I would say you will most probably get a few 2mg tabs to help you through.

My advice would be to take one in the morning and then another about an hour before your dentist appointment. It is a very gentle drug and used in this way should just take the edge off the worry about your dental appointment.

Have a chat with the pharmacist too, I am sure they will advise you the best way to take them for maximum benefit.

Good luck at the dentist :yesyes: Kitti x

Caramel
11-03-13, 12:39
Thanks Kitti!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

just a little update!

Just got back from the Doc - they've given me 16 x 2mg, so I've just taken 1 mg to see how it feels. I didn't just want to start tomorrow just before the dentist and have any unexpected things happening!

The label on the box says to take one 3 times a day, but I ]m not sure I really want to just plough into it like that. The pharmacist said I should take 2 tonight before I go to bed, then 1 20 mins before the appointment. Not sure about that either!!:shrug:

kittikat
11-03-13, 12:54
Well, always best to follow advice given by a professional but no, you won't need to take one 3 times a day lol.

Maybe take 1 before bed, 1 in the morning and another half an hour before you go to the dentist? That ought to do the trick!

Best of luck hun...you can always PM me or post again if you are worried, I am currently taking Diazepam and have used it on & off for the past 6 years. :)

Caramel
11-03-13, 13:17
Thanks Kitti, I really appreciate your advice :flowers:

kittikat
11-03-13, 13:28
No probs, best of luck & let me know how you get on!! :hugs: