PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

jayjoe18
11-03-13, 18:26
I posted earlier about my CBT appointment, I was extremely nervous but I made it! Stayed longer than I agreed to aswell, I was only meant to be there 15 mins but felt well enough to do 45 mins instead. I'm really pleased that I managed it but still not so sure about the CBT anymore. She said she would be able to get rid of my anxieties in 16 sessions, is this a normal amount of sessions? She said that they are a set length of time but I'm skeptical about how well I can recover in such a short time since I've had worsening anxiety on going now for 6 years almost. My last CBT lasted over a period of a year and that was just to tackle health anxiety that I had only just started with. Anyone have any advice?

stay_gold
11-03-13, 20:22
Well done!
Just see how it goes.

Sparkle1984
11-03-13, 20:55
Well done! :yesyes: You should be proud of yourself for getting there, as I remember you saying in one of your previous posts that you thought you'd be too nervous to go.
I think 16 sessions is pretty good - I think most people get less than 10. I didn't have 1:1 CBT, mine was in a big group, so it was quite different to yours.

What I would say is make sure you do the exercises between sessions and do any other "homework" or worksheets you are given, to make sure you get the full benefit of the CBT. I won't deny that it's going to be hard work, but it will be well worth it if it reduces your day-to-day anxiety. :)

AuntieMoosie
11-03-13, 23:45
Well done, what you achieved is brilliant :yesyes:

I'd just see how you go and take if from there if I were you, but you're certainly going off in the right direction, keep going :yesyes:

Insight
12-03-13, 00:08
Nice going Jayjoe :)

maximus1975
12-03-13, 11:07
do it keep going proud of you i managed to get the bus in town yesterday :D

jayjoe18
16-03-13, 14:43
Thanks everyone :) I go back in a month for 3 sessions to address my problems and then the work will begin. I really hope this is it now, I'm so tierd of therapy been doing it since 14!

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

do it keep going proud of you i managed to get the bus in town yesterday :D

Wow, well done!!! There's no way I could get on a bus, way to scary for me right now!