PDA

View Full Version : Cocked a curry?

Em.ma
11-03-13, 20:28
An hour ago I cooked a curry. Tikka masala sauce, chicken, pepper, onion, cherry toms, garlic purée and tomatoes purée and some coriander.
Anyway (don't know why I listed the ingredients) ...
I couldn't find the lid for our curry/soup dish so mum said shove a saucepan lid on it. I did. 50 mins later took it out the oven to find the plastic bit on the lid had melted I still ate it but now I'm worried I ate melted plastic. I'm also scared ill put lots and lots of weight on from it to!!!

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Was quite proud though. It tasted good.
Read this recipe for baked bean curry that I want to try.
Mum tried a spoonful and asked if I'd make it again at the weekend.
Might add more spiced though. I love hot food.
Can't think of any food/sauce/drink I don't like! Ill eat anything haha.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Title meant to say cooked!!! Oh dear.

Annie0904
11-03-13, 20:45
Sounds very nice Emma :) and no the melted plastic won't harm you, I am sure not much will have gone in the food any way. Don't worry about putting on weight either :). The title of your thread had me wondering :D but I assumed you meant COOKED a curry :D

Em.ma
11-03-13, 22:11
Thanks. Am feeling fat and guilty as I had a huge portion.
Along with breaky: one banana, fat fre Greek natural yoghurt, one tablespoon peanut butter mixed in blender to make a smoothie. Was very yummy even if I say so my self!
Lunch: one boiled egg. One left over chicken wing. Handful olives in a chilli piri piri sauce. Six cut up strawberries. Quarter red apple sliced. A 118kcsl fudge bar.
Dinner: huge curry with rice . Mixed a tin of sweetcorn into the rice as I didn't feel I'd had enough veg today. Bag of rice said half a bag was 255 calories. I had about two thirds of the bag :(.
Pudding: a muiller corner tropical fruit granola breakfast yoghurt.
I've aimed for a variety. Lots of fruit and veg. Protein. Some carbs. Dairy and a little fat in their to as we do need some fat!

One cup tea. Three small cups coffee. Three cups water. One glass no added sugar orange squash.

For some reason I can never spell right on my ipad!!!

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

I always find I eat less when home all day. Late breakfast, dinner. Small supper eg some toast and fruit /yoghurt.
I have worked today and a 1.5 mile walk home in the snow so don't feel so bad.
When im at home all day I'm not so hungry.
Think work is closed tomorrow so will have late breakfast at about 11:00am. Dinner about 4:00pm and a supper about 7:00am ish. Will still try to get all food groups in their though!
Fruit, veg, meat, carbs, dairy. Find it harder on days at home to eat a variety of food groups.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

If I'm home tomorrow I'm going to Hoover my room. Have a bath and read a book! And maybe cook some lunch for the following day and that's about all.

Annie0904
12-03-13, 15:28
I hope you are enjoying a nice relaxing day Emma