PDA

View Full Version : Muscle twitches! Scared!

cbornet
12-03-13, 07:34
Okay so I've been suffering with HA for about 6 months now, and I've gone from obsessing over illness to illness. I've also been on zoloft for about 2 months. Recently I've been noticing tiny involuntary muscle movements when I'm about to move my leg or arm when I'm relaxing. I believe it's called action myoclonus. But now I'm terrified this is a symptom of Parkinson's or ALS or cruezfieldt Jakob disease or something terminal like that. Is this just my anxiety and or meds or something serious? I'm 19 years old. Male. Have any of you experienced this before??

sparkle_1979
12-03-13, 09:48
Yep I get it really bad wen I'm anxious. It is sometimes constant for days. Def anxiety related

Izzie2494
12-03-13, 09:59
I get this all the time and I have seen that it is stress/anxiety related x

Lissa101
12-03-13, 10:02
I get this and it started when I began on Prozac and continued while I was on Zoloft. Its either anxiety or medication related but isn't dangerous. x

FR14
12-03-13, 10:34
I get zaps and muscle twinges when im going through a really tough anxiety period. At first I thought the same as you but went to the docs along with reading on here and it does seem to defintely be anxiety related.

Hope this helps.

meche
12-03-13, 11:02
I had these real bad last year. They weren't just mild jerks or twitches either. At times my whole arm or leg would jump out at me. It was like someone was giving me a huge electric shock :huh:. They went eventually but I still get random twitches now and again.

cbornet
12-03-13, 11:42
Thanks guys! That really reassured me :)

Mr Brownstone
12-03-13, 12:52
Yep. Doc told me its nothing to worry about

swgrl09
12-03-13, 13:03
I get this a lot, and actually moreso since I started ADs

Mogwog
12-03-13, 13:07
I get this ALL of the time, made worse when I start stressing, the most annoying one is when my eye starts to twitch - had that for 2 weeks straight a few weeks ago. Perfectly normal.xxxxxxxx

zippy
12-03-13, 13:14
I get this too, Infact part of my left leg was doing it in bed last night on and off for about 10 mins.

xtremx
12-03-13, 15:02
Okay so I've been suffering with HA for about 6 months now, and I've gone from obsessing over illness to illness. I've also been on zoloft for about 2 months. Recently I've been noticing tiny involuntary muscle movements when I'm about to move my leg or arm when I'm relaxing. I believe it's called action myoclonus. But now I'm terrified this is a symptom of Parkinson's or ALS or cruezfieldt Jakob disease or something terminal like that. Is this just my anxiety and or meds or something serious? I'm 19 years old. Male. Have any of you experienced this before??

Hello cbornet..

Muscle twitching or fasciculation (as they are know in the medical world) are very common with Anxiety suffers. I myself suffer from them and have done for over 2 years and I shared all the worries that you are having now. My calf muscle are in contant twitch and they spread to my thighs and arms and all so is major stressed my left eye.

At one stage I was in so much fear of having ALS it was making me break down daily.

That was until I talk to people who have ALS/MND and found out that muscle twitching in something that comes on in the later stages of als and that even before then you would have been to the doctor with many a other symptom.

Your age is a good factor to rule out als the chance are extremely small and also if you Parkinson's that would present with tremors more than twitching and vcjd well if you had that you would very much know.

All 3 of the disease you have mentioned do not start with present first with muslce twitching and also you said you have them in your arm and leg will that again would point away from als as that mainly starts in one area and moves in a outward area not is 2 differnet parts of the body.

If you have any fears have alook at this forum it has loads of usefull info on muslce twitching http://www.aboutbfs.com/faqgeneral.htm

Rest assured if you have seen a doctor and they say no to any of them disease you ok.

Don't let it take over your life like it did to me for nearly 6 months...