PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety with breathing!!

kelly12
12-03-13, 10:31
Hi everyone!...I dont really know how to explain this new symptom of anxiety but im beginning to hold my breath alot and not breath right its so weird i had it yesterday and it made me feel so weird that i had to take my meds. Its like i wont take full breath I kinda hold it in a little then it feels like i cant breath does anyone else get this??

Izzie2494
12-03-13, 10:51
yes i get this, i sort of hold my breathe so then i have to do a big breathe aftr it is very strange!! x

semper solus
12-03-13, 11:17
Hiya

I get it as well. I do it without realising now, and suddenly remember I need to take a breath.

Col
12-03-13, 16:28
I do this and hold my stomach tight, seem to get this when I'm seriously stressed?

BobbyDog
12-03-13, 18:34
If you search this site, you will find a lot of information relating to breathing problems(anxiety, not asthma). Try doing relaxed breathing exercises a few times a day, especially when you feel yourself holding your breath etc. Breath through your nose not your mouth. In 2-3-4, relax, out 2-3-4, relax continue for 5-10 minutes. When doing this put your hand over your diaphragm, just under your rib-cage and push it out as you inhale, make sure you are not upper-body breathing, your tummy should be rising and falling and not your lungs. Have a look on the net for breathing exercises. There are many variations of this exercise, this is the one I find the most beneficial.