PDA

View Full Version : meeting with pdoc

maximus1975
12-03-13, 12:54
had a meeting with my pdoc yesterday i was annoyed that coz someone elses meeting took longer mine was cut short http://www.brighteyecounselling.co.uk/alcoholic-forum/images/smilies/icon_evil.gif , didnt think this was fair, i had to wait 20 mins for my appoitment so i couldnt see why the next person couldnt have waited rant over .
anyway he seems to think ive made progress since i last saw him which was probally mid november its tough to say if it was the mitrazipine that was making me bad or my short stint back on the booze, he was glad to hear i was back playing golf again i did admit to him that i took extra diazepam before i played i was a little suprised when he said he didnt have a problem with that.
he was pleased that i got the bus in and i had to wait in town nearly two hours to get the bus home i never could have done that 10 days ago i even managed to go into tescos and various other shops, perhaps the venlafaxine is kicking in? it will be 3 weeks tomorrow he still wants me to go up to 150 slow release as the depression is still there and anxiety particully in the morning i find it very hard to get out of bed i will try and go back to sleep for over an hour but never do.
the last couple of nights ive slept from 9 pm right through.
i mentioned the drop in centre and that i had mixed feelings about it , he asked in what way? well i said some people helped by chatting to them, some were so poorly they didnt speak all day, and some put massive doubts in my mind about venlfaxine, he said if your car broke down would you go to marks and spencers and ask them whats wrong? i said no, he said u just need to listen to me.i also said they had told me id never get better again only worse and that id never work again,
i finally told him about the hell i put myself through last week buy turning that job down he said your not ready you've made improvements but now is not the time especially working split shifts till late evening, im starting to let the feelings go about that job , its about getting well i just hope i can continue to improve, im taking each day as it comes

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

anybody ?

nicola1980
12-03-13, 13:02
Hi Max, my pdoc is always running late but i must say she never rushes me which is good, well it sounds like your making progress which is fab :yesyes: just remember to take one day at a time, recovery is a slow process but you'll get there we all will :hugs: xx

Sunshine77
12-03-13, 13:26
Hi Max you've come a long way over the last month or so! All positive stuff!

I can see your doc's point about the drop in centre. If it's not helping, why do it? Sounds like you have the motivation to help yourself in other ways now so no point putting yourself through that every day.

One foot in front of the other, you're getting there! :)

maximus1975
12-03-13, 13:26
nicola how are u getting on hun? yeh my problem is i cant seem to stay in the moment i look to far ahead ive already been thinking about ven withdrawal and ive only just started them.
the ven thread that is suppose to be positive has loads of negative stuff on it put me right of xx

BobbyDog
12-03-13, 18:57
Your PDOC is giving you some great advice Max. You look back at the post's you made on here about a month ago, your progress since that time has been IMMENSE. Keep doing what you are doing as it really seems to be working. Stick with the VEN'.