PDA

View Full Version : Paradoxes And Solitary Confinement

redbaron
12-09-06, 00:48
I feel very very alone, like the whole world is carrying on whilst I stand detached watching it all unable to interact and participate.

And yet by the same token I can't stand being around anyone it's like a self-imposed exile.

Am I destined now to sit on the sofa paralysed whilst my life ebbs the same way as my enjoyment of it did long ago?

If what doesn't kill us makes us stronger it's a pretty fair bet it's going to hurt.

juju
12-09-06, 08:42
hi redbaron,
i know where your coming from, we feel as though we are missing out, and feel sad about this, but ironically dont want to participate either. things will change though, i dont think you are destined to be on that sofa, bit by bit without you realising it your old self will come back, until suddenly one day you will realise this. you are still your old self just a little overwhelmed right know, just go with the flow, let it return naturally, as im sure it will, hang in there hun, a few months ago i didnt know what planet i was on, but im getting there.
have you read the dr claire wekes bks? they have helped me enormously.
take care
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

surreylady
12-09-06, 09:24
hey Dom,

sorry to hear youre feeling a bit down, and oh how I know how you are feeling. Some days I feel like everything is carrying on without me and I will never enjoy anything like I used to.
But saying that, I felt much worse than this 10 years ago when I had my baby and then I didnt know what it was, I thought I was dying or going mad. This time I know its anxiety and with the help and support from friends and family, and this site I know in time I will join the rest of the world again.
Be gentle with yourself, you will get better and we are all here for you. Wishing you all the best

Mandy xxxx

positive attitude brings positive results