PDA

View Full Version : mirtzapine

katyjohnstone
12-03-13, 14:37
hi i have been on a 15mg dose of mirtzapine since 28 feb this year still having some bad days why is this getting scared it will never go looking for some advice thanks

Mark13
12-03-13, 17:12
You're still on the start dose, which AFAIK isn't therapeutic, although it should help you sleep.

You need to discuss with your GP whether a dosage increase may be appropriate.

76rob
12-03-13, 18:04
this one works personally best for me, having tried citralapram fluoxetine and lustral i cope best on mirt. cit used to render me totally impotent and made me a zombie. ive always had really high metabolism and when i have bad spells i cant even nibble toast. at 36 and 6 feet 5 bad cycles have seen me as low as 10 stone which trust me doesnt aid esteem and dont look pretty. there are probably more that see weight gain as one of mirts downsides but for me its been truly sensational. ive come and gone with meds always making the mistake of thinking i can make headway without but it always creeps back. im on 30mg mirt this time round and excercising, knocks me for six at bedtime and im eating tremendously well and consistently on it. im up at 13 stone now which is the most ive ever weighed, just wish id known about it 10 yrs ago. dont expect the med to do all the work though. schedule, schedule, schedule. my last crash i ran every day for a week, sometimes in floods of tears but the excersice helped pull me up. good luck x

BobbyDog
12-03-13, 18:13
I agree with Mark, ask your doctor about a possible increase, I did not feel any benefit from Mirtazapine until I was on 30mg per day, the max dose is 45mg a day.

nomorepanic
12-03-13, 18:38
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Ingenious
13-03-13, 02:03
hi i have been on a 15mg dose of mirtzapine since 28 feb this year still having some bad days why is this getting scared it will never go looking for some advice thanks

You have only been on it for a coupe of weeks. These medications can take a month to six weeks to reach full effect. Give it a little more time then discuss with your GP if you feel it's not working. There are other options including a change in dose, a change in medication, or other therapies. You'll get there :)

JT69
14-03-13, 10:39
Hello

I agree...its very early days for you at the moment...give it a couple more weeks then if no improvement go and discuss going up to 30mg with your GP.

This med helped me enormously but I started on 15mg and went up to 30mg after a couple of months before going back down again when I stableized.

I hope that it helps you as much as it has me!!

Take care
Jo.x