PDA

View Full Version : Recovered :)

LittleSongbird
12-03-13, 16:32
Hi guys,

I want to share all of you this news: I have recovered from GAD, panic attacks and mild Obsession.

I've been in this condition for 3 months. If you can search the threads that I created, you will imagine what I had to overcome during this time. Depressed. Sad. Angry. Desperate. Scared. House-bound. Nightmare. I had them all. I can't count how many days I cried because of this. My life seems ruined. I don't even dare to think one day that I can return to normal.

But now I've been recovered.

I want to share you things that help me significantly in my recovery:

1. This forum
2. Books: "At last a life", "The imp of the mind", "Essential help for your Nerves" (very important)
3. CBT4PANIC (and Robin Hall himself helped me a lot through his messages)
4. Mindfulness
5. Medication: Lexomil + Mirtazapine (4 weeks on this)
6. Exercise: Yoga, jogging, Tai chi.
7. Vitamin B complex. Omega 3.
8. Chamomile tea.
9. Reading success stories.
10. POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND WILLINGNESS TO KICK SETBACK'S ASS.
11. Keep writing diary.
12. Keep doing things you like, and DON'T avoid things, places, foods that you like.
13. A good partner and a good family & friends.

Maybe 3 months for me is still a short time compare to people who are struggling with it for years. But well, I'd been in a time that was worst of the worst. You all know that.

Hope that I will hear more success stories from all of you.

All the best,

Linh :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Vanilla Sky
12-03-13, 16:56
So pleased for you :D

Sparkle1984
12-03-13, 20:22
Well done! :) I think you have made progress very quickly. You should be proud of yourself!

Sunshine77
13-03-13, 09:36
Really pleased for you Little Songbird! You have given me hope. I've been suffering since late last year and I hope I can see the end of it soon like you.

Take care :)

little wren
13-03-13, 10:15
So pleased - it couldn't have happened to a nicer person :) by taking control of your own recovery you have been an inspiration xxxx little wren xxxx

LittleSongbird
13-03-13, 16:16
Thanks for all your kind words. I still in anxious state a little bit but I think it's just the little setback and consequence.

I think you guys will recover just like me. It's not hard. It's just about be patience and acceptance