PDA

View Full Version : London Directions Please?

Serenitie
12-03-13, 16:46
Hi All,

I'm going to a gig in the Hammersmith Apollo in June to see an amazing artist ('Sugar Man' - Rodriguez) :yesyes:, also to expand my comfort zone. London can be a very crowded and overwhelming place to visit, so this trip will also push me right out of my comfort zone!:)

Can any Londoners tell me the nearest main train station to The Hammersmith Apollo (I'll be travelling from Sheffield) and connecting tube station (I believe it's on the Circle or Piccadilly line?)

I'm ok on trains but really not a fan of the tube, so information on the shortest available route and tube journey would be really appreciated.

Also what travel card is the best to get?

Thank you in advance :D

Cat x

Annie0904
12-03-13, 16:56
I will ask my son, he works for London Underground :)

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Apparently it is divided into zones and it depends on the zone but he will look when he gets home if no one else has answered you by then.

Serenitie
12-03-13, 17:23
I will ask my son, he works for London Underground :)

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Apparently it is divided into zones and it depends on the zone but he will look when he gets home if no one else has answered you by then.

That's smashing, Annie! Thank you :yesyes:

Cat x

Annie0904
12-03-13, 17:59
He said Do you have a Oyster card? If you do you can use that on the underground. Hammersmith is in zone 2. If you don't have an Oyster card you can buy a day travel card for zones 1 & 2. I am assuming you are going Sheffield to Kings Cross? He said if you go on www.tfl.gov.uk (http://www.tfl.gov.uk) you can plan your journey.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

o on the Hammersmith and city, Piccadilly or circle lines

Serenitie
12-03-13, 18:01
He said Do you have a Oyster card? If you do you can use that on the underground. Hammersmith is in zone 2. If you don't have an Oyster card you can buy a day travel card for zones 1 & 2. I am assuming you are going Sheffield to Kings Cross? He said if you go on www.tfl.gov.uk (http://www.tfl.gov.uk) you can plan your journey.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

o on the Hammersmith and city, Piccadilly or circle lines

Brilliant! Thank you Annie & thank your son for me too:yesyes:

Cat :hugs:

Annie0904
12-03-13, 18:04
No problem Cat xx