PDA

View Full Version : Hi new here

malc38
18-06-04, 09:19
Hi everyone,
Ive allways suffered from bad nerves at times, but over the last year this has turned into panic attacks[V]. I guess im lucky in the fact that i can still go out to work and do most other things, but i still live in fear of each attack. It doesnt matter how many i have i still cant manage to convince myself that something bad isnt going to happen. My partner has been very supportive which has helped a lot, but i just need to find a good way of fighting back that works for me.

i hope to chat with you all at some point

take care
malcolm

sandra49
18-06-04, 09:46
Hi Malcom, I can't say I have panic attacks but i have had vertigo and they scare the hell out of me. Like you I have a supportive partner. I don't know how I would feel if I didn't. My Mum suffered from very bad nerves and it got that she couldn't go out by herself or stay in by herself(at least that hasn't been a problem) They seem a very nice bunch of people. Take Care Sandra

malc38
18-06-04, 12:58
Hi sandra, thanks for the reply[8D] i can sort of relate to the vertigo as i suffer from bad sinus at times which can affect my balance.

take care,
malc

sarah
18-06-04, 12:59
Hiya Malcolm

Welcome to the site!
Theres loads of great info on here that will help you on your road to recovery.
Have you read the post by meg entitled 'first steps'? here is a link to it to save you hunting. Give it a read and see if there is anything there that will help you.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

take care and I hope to chat to you soon
love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Tessie28
18-06-04, 17:51
Hi Malcolm,

this is a great place to have found. I've always been 'nervy' and suffered depression on and off for 20 years but nothing prepared me for the panic attacks:(. They started 7 weeks ago now and have left me with anxiety that varies in intensity.

Here so many people know so much about it and make you feel normal:D,
take care,
love Tess

nomorepanic
18-06-04, 18:54
Hi Malcom

Welcome to the site.

Like Sarah said, take a look at the First Steps post - there may be something in there that you can see will help you.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Nicola

malc38
19-06-04, 08:37
Thanks for the welcome everyone:) hope you all have a good weekend, last weeks 5 days of panic finaly seem to have finished for me:D so hopefuly i can have a good time, im certainly feeling a bit more positive than i was yesterday.

take care
malc

Meg
20-06-04, 08:54
Welcome Malc,

If there is anything particular you're struggling with do post .

There is lots of info on the website so do have a good search around

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

nomorepanic
28-06-04, 21:51
Hi Malc

Welcome aboard - I am just catching up on posts as I was away last week so please bear with me whilst I read everything.

You will get loads of help her so welcome aboard.

Nicola