PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic pregnancy, totally freaked

emmalou290
13-03-13, 02:05
I've had some pelvic pain for weeks now.

Took a few pregnancy tests, all negative.

Finally I got so scared I went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound, nothing was found.

I googled and found out that shoulder pain, back pain, chest pain are all signs that the fallopian tube is leaking blood and/or burst. I have those symptoms now. Not sure if it's FROM looking them up, or if they're actually happening.

I took another pregnancy test this morning, negative.

My doctor said I need to stop taking pregnancy tests but I don't believe her. I am so close to going to the ER.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Help :(

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Even my armpits hurt, and that's not even techincally a symptom.

:(

cassy1989
13-03-13, 08:06
If you were having an ectopic pregnancy something would have happened by now. You wouldn't be able to have the pain for weeks without being seriously ill. Also from what I have learnt the shoulder pain with the ectopic pregnancy is caused by the internal bleeding so basically the shoulder pain happens when the fallopian tube bursts or some thing along those lines. My friends had an ectopic pregnancy and its very serious so if your dr even thought there was a tiny possibility you could be having one they would have you checked asap xx

meche
13-03-13, 11:36
Hi emmalou,

Firstly, do you have reason to think you are or could be pregnant?

I have had an ectopic pregnancy and believe me when I say the pain is unbearable. If you were near the rupture stages (as I was) of an EP you would be also be bleeding by now and feel quite poorly. The fact you have been scanned definitely rules out an EP. This is is a very serious condition and not one doctors can afford to miss. I was 10 weeks pregnant when it happened to me and you could very clearly see the baby in my fallopian tube. I was admitted straight away and was in surgery within hours - good job really because I ruptured when I was in theatre and lost my right tube.

Last year I had headaches every day and convinced myself I was having an anuerysm. I also made the mistake of googling and developed symptoms I didn't have before. We always look for symptoms to fit in with what we think we have. If you still really think there is a possibility you are having an EP then please go to ER. I really hope you get some answers and feel better soon. Hugs. xx

Mogwog
13-03-13, 16:19
I agree with everyone else- this would have been picked up on scan and you would have been very ill by now, your fine :-) xxxx

Hck80
13-03-13, 21:10
I've had an ectopic and believe me you would be in awful pain, plus they would be able to see something on the scan Maybe the pain you have is something like ibs? I get that too,

spacebunnyx
14-03-13, 19:53
I've had two eps. Its rare to have a -ve preg test and ectopic... also even if it was an ectopic which it isn't at the HCG levels at undetectable levels it would be so small that it wouldn't be close to rupturing a tube.