PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New here!

LuisaE
13-03-13, 07:10
Hello, my name is Luisa and I have suffered with Depression, Panic attacks and health related Anxiety on and off since the birth of my eldest Son in 2003.

It started as PND, then that triggered the Anxiety and Panic Attacks.

I had a rough spell this time last year where my depression was at a all time low due to so many highly stressful events happenig over the space of a few years with my Nan dying, my dad suffering 5 heart attacks in the space of 2 months (he survived all and is fit as a fiddle now) and my youngest Son in and out of Hospital sometimes weekly, fortnightly or every month with Asthma attacks but they didnt diagnose it as Asthma until Nov 2010, changed medication and slowly the attacks stopped. I felt like I would never get better last year. Slowly with the help of Antidepressants and the support from my Husband, family and friends I slowly got better, but as usual it then triggered the panic and anxiety attacks.

CBT didn't work, I did that all in 2004 and felt it was just useless for me to learn something I already learnt. I did go, but found the lady patronising and she doesn't listen to me much when I tried to explain why I think I felt so low.

Anyway now I'm currently trying to tackle these attacks and anxiety. I currently suspect I have a tumor in my Spine due to a bad backache On and off for a few montbs. I'm waiting on physio ( going private as NHS lost my referral from my GP 3 times ) so hoping that will help me and calm me down.

It really sucks to suffer with these thoughts, and I feel like I'm going crazy. I never heard of this forum before, and wish I'd known about it years ago, it is so nice to know I'm not alone.

Sorry for the long introduction, felt it explained stuff better!

cazzy
13-03-13, 07:25
hello and welcome , quite nervy introducing yourself , i would know .....hope the site will help ,you can pick up some fab help and advice ....x

Veronica H
13-03-13, 09:24
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Vx

Insight
13-03-13, 16:18
Hi Luisa

:welcome:

fermina77
13-03-13, 16:38
Hi Luisa,

Sorry to hear you have been having such a hard time. Like you I am new to this forum and I wholeheartedly agree it is good to know we are not alone.

LuisaE
13-03-13, 19:05
Thank you everyone.

How are you finding the forum so far Fermina?

I've not had a chance to look through properly yet, been so busy with work. I did see there is a Health Anxiety forum with lots of threads. There was me thinking I was alone half the time!

fermina77
13-03-13, 21:56
Very supportive LuisaE. I was concerned about my visit to the GP today and have expressed my fears of being put on anti depressants on this forum and found that advice given allayed my fears. Reading others experiences has made me realise that what I am feeling is anxiety and I was not really aware that is what I was feeling. Anyway I have been prescribed Beta Blocker so hopefully they will help. How are you planning to tackle your anxiety?

LuisaE
14-03-13, 20:28
Hi there,

Well today has been a bad day, mainly depression wise. I've been off work two days unwell with no voice ( work with children, need a voice! ) but I'm back tomorrow and so looking forward to it. Work definitely keeps me sane and keeps my mind off worrying about myself all the time.

Not sure how to tackle it this time. Luckily I have fantastic support and friends who always give me good advice. Mind over matter is what my Friends mum told me, and it's stuck ever since, I repeat that to myself constantly when I feel anxious.

I have made a appt with my GP, so I will have a chat with him about my anxiety. I am on anti depressants for that and my depression, my other half thinks maybe a change in medication is needed but I'm not so sure.

You say you've been prescribed a Beta Blocker, how do they work for anxiety/panic
Attacks? I thought they slowed the heart down? My dad is on a high dose of them as his heart is erratic after so many Heart attacks.

Have you tried them yet?

Luisa

fermina77
15-03-13, 10:15
Hi Luisa,
If you go to patient.co.uk the site will explain will explain how beta blockers worker better than I can.
I started taking them yesterday and despite going for a very long walk in the country where there were no toilet facilities which usually can set me off into panic (I have a very weak bladder) I suffered only the tiniest amount of anxiety. This morning so far I feel fab despite one of my teeth falling out last night which again would usually cause my anxiety to escalate. The real test though will be later today though when i have to venture in the supermarket. I will let you know how it goes. Good luck seeing your GP.

Mark13
15-03-13, 17:26
Hi Louisa. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.