PDA

View Full Version : whats happening to me?

cjw
13-03-13, 09:04
Ok. Been having a good start to the year, then bang, back to square 1. This week I have felt lousy. So far this week I have had a heart attack, liver cancer, throat cancer and gallstones. I have been getting short sharp chest pains, pains between my shoulder blades, dull aches all over abdomen and dizziness. I am asking myself the same old question, is this really anxiety? I am a heavy drinker and smoker and I know these do not help my anxiety so cutting down on both to see if that helps. I have just landed my dream job so should be really happy but instead wake up feeling depressed. Why?

Confused&scared
13-03-13, 09:09
Health anxiety is awful, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, it's like torturing yourself 24/7 :( I don't really have much advice as I'm struggling too at the moment, just try and think rationally and try and quit smoking

xtremx
13-03-13, 09:36
Ok. Been having a good start to the year, then bang, back to square 1. This week I have felt lousy. So far this week I have had a heart attack, liver cancer, throat cancer and gallstones. I have been getting short sharp chest pains, pains between my shoulder blades, dull aches all over abdomen and dizziness. I am asking myself the same old question, is this really anxiety? I am a heavy drinker and smoker and I know these do not help my anxiety so cutting down on both to see if that helps. I have just landed my dream job so should be really happy but instead wake up feeling depressed. Why?

Hi cjw.

I really feel for you mate and like Confused&scared Health anxiety is awful. It is a beast that seems to be tamed and then it bites you..
Right deep down we all no nothing is wrong with us but we still do this to ourselfs.

Why not try something new like maybe instead of think about what is wrong with you try telling yourself what is not wrong with you.. That sound strange but instead of looking for the negative focus on the positive.

Heart attacks I have had 100s maybe even 1000s. I have had MND and throat cancer and a brain tumour and also all the minor things..But at the end of it all it was Healh Anxiety..
I'm now starting to come to terms with that I know I will tell myself that this is not going to scare me and you have to tell yourself this and I don't mean say it in your mind look in the mirror and shout the bloody thing out at yourself.

Say it aloud "this is health anxiety and you are not going to hurt me" and repeat it.

And Good Luck with your dream job

cjw
13-03-13, 12:36
Hi cjw.

I really feel for you mate and like Confused&scared Health anxiety is awful. It is a beast that seems to be tamed and then it bites you..
Right deep down we all no nothing is wrong with us but we still do this to ourselfs.

Why not try something new like maybe instead of think about what is wrong with you try telling yourself what is not wrong with you.. That sound strange but instead of looking for the negative focus on the positive.

Heart attacks I have had 100s maybe even 1000s. I have had MND and throat cancer and a brain tumour and also all the minor things..But at the end of it all it was Healh Anxiety..
I'm now starting to come to terms with that I know I will tell myself that this is not going to scare me and you have to tell yourself this and I don't mean say it in your mind look in the mirror and shout the bloody thing out at yourself.

Say it aloud "this is health anxiety and you are not going to hurt me" and repeat it.

And Good Luck with your dream job

Hi xtremx,

Thanks for the reply. You are absoluetly right. I guess I need to try and give myself a good talking too! I just can.t get the 'But what if......' out of my head. I guess that Anxiety for you! Tried CBT but that did nothing for me :shrug:

xtremx
13-03-13, 13:49
You dream job. Did you apply for it hoping to get it or just thought I will have a go and if I don't get it at least I came second.

You for your dream job because you applied yourself and worked hard for it.

That to me just shows you can get over the what ifs

You can pm me daily and I will tell you that the what ifs are nothing to worry about!

I mean that you will so feed up with me and trying to say words of wisdom you will have no choice but to believe in yourself and stop worrying about what if

Enjoy the dream job and just worry about the rewards you will earn from it

cjw
13-03-13, 13:59
Thanks for your support. I was head hunted for my job so i guess that should give me strength. I will try my best to keep the negative thoughts at bay. Thanks again.