PDA

View Full Version : New and nervous

Geo
13-03-13, 12:19
Hi guys, I'm Geo, a 21 year old male recent-graduate of Musical Theatre. I am really nervous about posting on here so forgive me if I do anything wrong, I just feel like I need to let it out.

I suffer from chronic throat pain/vocal loss which has led/is caused by severe depression and anxiety. I was on a course of citalopram a month ago, yet had to remove myself from them after 4 days as the side effects (dizziness, lack of any feelings, sickness) were far too extreme for me to handle.

I am now on a course of Escitalopram (5mg a day for now) and, thankfully, have had no extreme side effects so I am going to up it to 10mg a day from next week.

So hello :)

Geo

Gotagetthroughthis
13-03-13, 14:05
:welcome:

Laz Commo
13-03-13, 14:32
Hi Geo

Sorry to hear about your anxiety problems. You will find lots of support and advice on this site. My daughter could not tolerate citalopram either and refuses to try anything else but counselling etc. In fact we are off to see the counsellor this afternoon.

Good luck!

Laz

Insight
13-03-13, 16:16
Hello Geo

:welcome:

fermina77
13-03-13, 16:35
Hi Geo,

I'n new too. I tried Citalopram too a couple of years ago but gave up on it too. Hope the Escitalopram continues to go well. I have just been to the Dr's and he has prescribed Beta Blockers. I going to start taking them tomorrow. Hope they work.

durhamlawyer
14-03-13, 13:54
Hello Geo! I hope you start feeling better and that your drug treatment works. Remember you're on the road to recovery every step you take. :) Everyone seems really supportive and friendly on here!

P.S. Musical theatre is fantastic!

Mark13
14-03-13, 17:49
Hello Geo and :welcome:to the forum.