PDA

View Full Version : results

frosty2901
13-03-13, 16:46
had my 24 hr monitour fitted over 2 weeks ago and when i went to the docs monday she said she would chase up the cardiologist dept to see what the results were

she phoned me today and said that they told her it would take 8 weeks to analise the results even she was a bit shocked and said maybe 4 to 6 weeks but not 8 that seems a bit extreme:huh:

when the lady took it off she said they put it through the computer or what ever that day so why does it take 8 weeks for someone to look at

im worried enough about my heart (prob for nothing lol )
and this hasnt eased it at all

did you all have to wait this long for the results of yours
thanks frosty x

Dnvgraphics2k12
28-04-13, 14:56
Hey Frosty,

When i had mine on for two months I think i waited around 3 weeks for results but as i have heart probs was meant to get urgent appt to see my cardiologist i ended up waiting a year!!!!! all because they sent appt out to wrong person. so please whatever you do keep chasing them !!!!

Cameron xx

P.s Also like to say sorry that no one has replied to you you must be worried hope you got your results by now

Magic
28-04-13, 16:25
I think this is terrible that patients have to wait for such along time for
results of this kind.

Dnvgraphics2k12
28-04-13, 19:46
I think this is terrible that patients have to wait for such along time for
results of this kind.

Ye makes me sick sometimes the unnecessary worry it causes ! xx

frosty2901
29-04-13, 23:52
yer was about 5 weeks in the end and i think only because gp chased them up realy bad for anxiety suffers to have to wait that long
frostyx

but i should add i got a letter from the cardi on the thursday before easter and so docs were shut till tues and couldnt get appointment till wed and the letter only said please visit your gp to discuss your medicaton im only on bp tabs so were they not working or maybe causeing probs or was there something wrong with my heart and i had to take meds for it this was all icould think of the whole eatser weekend grrr and then to top it off couldnt get appointment fully booked after 10 mins of opening and phone being engaged and then the classic thing is the cardiologist has sent back the results deom all the other tests and not the 24hr ecg and gp says well must be ok as he has stuck me off grrrrr
frosty x