PDA

View Full Version : GAD

libbie
12-09-06, 11:03
hi im janine and have suffered from GAD for approx 5 years. Its quite hard to explain what i have, every symptom of anxiety!!! trouble is i dont particularly worry about anything, i can be fine one week, and shocking the next, and i cant find what i have worried about, i start to feel one of the symptoms, then thats it. I worry about the next one coming and how awful it feels, and i know how bad it can get, then worry that they are going to lead to a panic attack, but i know im doing it to myself, i just look for the symptoms all the time, but cant stop it. I know positive thinking helps but when your that bad it just wont stop. I cant take any meds, i read the side affects, then get them without even taking the bloody tablet!!! I have tried them, just about everyone you can think of but i then worry that i'll become addicted to them, and the circle begins again! does anyone else have this kind of anxiety? it would be nice to know im not alone.

Granny Primark
12-09-06, 11:47
Hi janine,

First let me say a a huge welcome to this site.
You are definitely not alone with these feelings you get.
Im the biggest worrier in the world. If im not worried about something im worried cus im not worried.
I understand about your fear about the panic attacks and im sure many others on this site have the same fear.
Well janine you have certainly come the best place to get the help, advice and understanding that you are obviously in need of.
You will make many friends on this site. There is loads of useful information that im sure will help you.
The chatroom is a great place to get advice also and you will im sure have a laugh in there as well as get encouragement and support.

Take care
LYNN xx

trac67
12-09-06, 12:34
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

yorkylover
12-09-06, 13:04
Hi Janine,you are not alone here.I worry all the time,about everything and anything.I have a phobia about taking pills.and I have stopped myself reading the side affects,as like you I will have them all.After taking the pills I expect something to happen.Soooooooooo negative!!!
Anxiety his horrid so many nasty symptoms.
You will find lots of helpfull advice here,and remember you are not alone.;)

Ellen XX

manmoor
12-09-06, 13:04
Hi Janine,

A big warm welcome to you. We are all here to help each other so we dont feel alone.

Take Care

Mandyxx

mad_shell66
12-09-06, 13:14
:D:Dhi janine, welcome to the forum
take care
shellxx:D

Lindalou64
12-09-06, 14:42
WELCOME JANINE
WHAT U FEEL IS FEAR OF FEAR THE NEXT ONE I KNOW DO IT MYSELF BUT GETTING A TAD BETTER WITH IT STILL HAVE BAD DAYS BUT MANGE MOST OF THE TIME TO GET PASS IT I HOPE YOU FIND LOTS OF GOOD INFO AND GREAT SUPPOET.WISH U THE BEST..........LINDAXX [8D]

Piglet
12-09-06, 15:34
A big welcome to the site :D

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

libbie
12-09-06, 17:26
thanks everyone its nice to know you are not alone, and it really cheered me up just to know other poeple cared.
thanks everyone

juju
12-09-06, 20:21
hi janine,
i also have gad, its a bit of it all isnt it, this week its health, next week it will prob be going out etc, i have symptoms every day, ive gotten used to them now, i was diagnosed beginning of june 06, meds do help a lot, and pos thinking is my diazepam, i too read all sides on meds now(never used to) and i look up what they are on the net, gotten scared of going to docs now all of a sudden. couldnt keep away in the beginning lol, i think its the health thing in case they want to send me in to hosp with my fantasy illnesses. been on an anxiety course and seen councillor too that helped me oh and dr weekes bks-fantastic.
take care my gad friend
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

ceecee
12-09-06, 21:33
hi janine welcome to the forum!!!you certainly are not alone in the way you feel!!!!!
take care rachel x

nomorepanic
12-09-06, 22:49
Hi Janine

Welcome aboard!

Hope we can give you some support.

Nicola

Eclipse
13-09-06, 09:41
:DWelcome Janine:D
There are loads of people here that can support you
Best Wishes
Magz
XX

lisa34
13-09-06, 22:16
hi and welcome ,im also new to this site and i suffer all these things to,its a vicious circle as they say u get a pain then u panic then more pains then panic some more,think your having heart attack etc ,definatly not the nicest of feelings was told when u r in that situation to sit down with a pen and piece of paper and write down your symptoms example if u have chest pains sit and write well it could be an heart attack but if it is i probably wont finish this sentance etc or it could be a panic attack which it probably is ,it is supposed to change theway u think about things to make u feel more positive .hope these things can help coz at the mo i will try anything going to try to overcome these fears .

sarah1984
14-09-06, 11:06
Hi Janine and welcome to NMP!
I suffer from GAD too and I have some days where I'm absolutely fine and others where I just feel as if I am back where I started and have made no progress. Have you tried asking your doctor to refer you for CBT? I've found it very helpful and would also recommend a book called The Worry Cure by Dr Robert Leahy. I know it's hard when you're in such a state of anxiety to think positive-it used to drive me crazy when people told me to challenge my negative thoughts etc etc but with practice on the good days it does become more natural and easy. You said you haven't had good experiences with meds-have you tried any natural remedies such as St John's Wort/Kalms, they may have less side effects.
Take Care,
Sarah

hayles
14-09-06, 12:28
welcome aboard
Natural born worrier me, always will be.....
I suffer from Health anxiety....every little twinge, and im dying!!!

Hay x

mofcat
17-09-06, 23:28
Hi Janine,

I dont know what GAD is but I also have extreme difficulties taking tablets, I am supposed to be taking 3 at the moment for different things but as 1 of them is a new one I cant take the others until I know this one is ok. I read the leaflet religiously because it says I should on the box, I then start to get a load of the symptoms (probably in the order they are on the leaflet!) I always think I am having an alergic reaction to the tablets. so if I am taking 1 tablet I struggle to take even a paracetamol with it. I also over analyse how I am feeling all the time, I am concious of every ache or pain at any given time, most people wouldnt even be aware of these things, and I could come up with a serious illness for everything. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

Sharon