PDA

View Full Version : Liver profile

jayred
13-03-13, 18:04
Hi i previously had liver profile full blood count and other tests. It came back with high liver ALT and fatty liver ultrasound and high chelesterol.

I was told to come back in 6 months but all of a sudden today they have called me and asked me to come in. They have asked me to go for another liver profile blood test only which suddenly has me worried about why would they do this it has been about 4 or 5 weeks since my last test since i have lost some weight im not that overweight maybe a couple stone. I think im just more worried that there is a hidden underlying cause that they have suddenly came across on history i just know this will mean taking the test then waiting for ages for the results and me being worried. I have previously had a Hepatitis test as part of sexual health around a year and a half ago that all came back fine well from what i remember im sure that was part of it anyway.

gwhite73
22-03-13, 12:35
They are probably just checking to see if the ALT is still raised or not. Liver enzymes go up and down all the time depending on what medications you might have taken, alcohol etc. Sometimes they go up for no appreciable reason. If you ALT is constantly elevated then it probably just means you're overweight -- hence the reason for the fatty liver scan. Many overweight people have a fatty liver and elevated enzymes, if they lose weight then this will return to normal.

The blood work and ultrasound that you have already had would have confirmed if there was anything sinister going on.

Hope this helps

zippy
22-03-13, 13:40
Have you had your bloods done again?
Mine hasn't done mine again he has just sent me to a gastroenterologist.

jayred
22-03-13, 13:51
Thank you for your information Gwhite you have helped me alot have you had any previous with Liver problems.

I have lost a stone since then so hopefully things will start to resolve them selves soon and i can start getting back to feeling like me im not dramtically overweight at all just a few stone but i did have a diet of cheese bread red meat etc so can completely understand.

I had the blood test last Thursday yet to hear from my doctors yet so will just wait for them to give me a call.