PDA

View Full Version : feel sick- eeek

HB
18-06-04, 12:49
Heya everyone,

Just got in from walking the dogs and I feel sick- i cant stop myslef from panicking, its so bad, my throat feels tight and im shaking.

Has anyone got anuy quick remedies for when this happens again, my phobia all centres around being sick for referene :)

H

Rennie1989
18-06-04, 13:52
HB

it could be that ur scared to go out side so that may make u feel sick

u dont have ne allegies and wat was the weather like wen u went out

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

sarah
18-06-04, 15:42
Hiya H

Maybe it was the combination of exercise and it being lunchtime...your body was hungry? (oh and exam stress coming out maybe???)

A few people on here swear by drinking tonic water to make the nausea go away.
If I feel panicky and am in need of a quick pick me up I eat a banana, drink some water and have a squirt of rescue remedy.

How are you feeling now?

love sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

HB
18-06-04, 16:08
I am feeling fine, i just hate having to wait until i feel better- i think that is the worst anticipation.

the weather was hot so i was probably quite hot and bothered anyway but i was just feeling very irrational.

Thanks for your advice both of you xxx

H

sarah
18-06-04, 16:21
Hiya

Glad you are feeling better :)

Its horrible isnt it?, you just want instant relief dont you?

love sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

lilac kitten
22-06-04, 09:36
Sarah,

Its amazing to see how alike we all are underneath it all. I too swear by tonic water to help ease nausia. And a banana eaten slowly is great if you feel a bit off. Also I carry Ribena cartons around with me I find sipping ribena helps the throat thing a little. And of course my new discovery Rescue Remedy - told by psycotherapist about it the other day and he said if it works for you then carry on.

HB,

The slight nausia feeling is obviously whats made you panic. But like my psychotherapist said what is the worst that can happen? He's told me next time I feel sick don't rush around like a headless chicken and panic as that makes it worse - easier said than done. I felt sick last night, like I had butterflies in my stomach or was nervous about something - I wasn't but I may have had a funny dream or something. But I stayed calm and went back to sleep - it was hard and I still feel a bit odd now, but I'm quite tired today as well.

Next time it happens, stay clam and concentrate on breathing slowly and try to relax, easier said than done I know. Also write down your fears and discuss them like you have this time, be open and honest, and hopefully we can reassure you.

I think you cope very well with your phobia actually. You have the right mental attitude to want to overcome it, therefore you will. Stay positive and although you will always worry you will find ways to cope.

Ruth
x

HB
22-06-04, 18:09
I really could do with someone like you Ruth when i feel like panicking; i try not to make it a big deal, it is so hard though, im gonna keep trying!!

H

lilac kitten
24-06-04, 14:05
H,

Totally the right attitude. I get my down days too. Yesterday I went into Basingstoke quickly at lunchtime and felt a little odd and panicy, but I remembered what my therapist said to me and did my best. Rescue remedy to hand, ribena carton and extra strong mints. I even did the drive back on the bit of the A30 I didn't like.

I feel a little sick now, but I know that its just wind as I've just had a packet of Special K crisps and a glass of water. But the feeling is horrible all the same. I want to just run and go home until it passes, but I can't do that as I have to be at work and have the school run to do soon. So I'll try to stay relaxed and keep my mind off it best I can.

Good luck
Ruth

Caitlyn89
24-06-04, 20:37
Ruth,

Hope you are feeling better. Are you emetophobic?

Rennie1989
24-06-04, 20:41
i didnt now tonic water hepled, wats init to help u wid P.A.

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

HB
24-06-04, 20:48
does the rescue remedy actually work? i have a really realy late dirve to make tomoorrw night at 3am with all my friends and i am so worried about it, i feel like i need to take something with me as a safety precaution! plesae write back asap ruth, you have helped me so much :-)

H

HB
24-06-04, 20:50
im not sure what is in it, it helps to settle your tummy though which helps when you are panicking about being sick :-) try it!

H

Meg
24-06-04, 21:38
Jade,

When you feel sick with a churny tummy and are nauseated the tonic water is extra carbonated and helps with having a good burp and getting up the extra gas that your anxious tummy is producing .

It doesn't have any special powers.

To see whats in rescue remedy www.bachcentre.com

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

lilac kitten
25-06-04, 09:51
HB,

I don't know how the Rescue Remedy works, but its worth a try. Remember to take a drink, some mints, your Rescue Remedy and if it makes you feel better a couple of carrier bags in your handbag in case you feel queezy. If you think you'll feel sick then you will. So try and be positive and look at all angles. Drive in a cold car as opposed to hot, sit by a door if you can (I always do this and I tell people why as well). Relax your tummy and breathe from your stomach not your chest. Me personally would take my own car and go by myself with friends in another I would use an excuse that I may have to dash off at a different time to them etc. If you can't do that then take all the above with you and all I can say is to try and relax - it will be hard though. Remember you are not alone in worrying about these things. The more people I tell the better I actually feel.

Personally I think at the end of the day when you've done the drive and come out the other side you'll feel real personal achievement and your confidence will lift.

One last little thing. I take Stugeron which is a travel sickness tablet, they're also good at easing nausia with Migrane. I would only take one not the recommended two. And don't forget the banana and a packet of ready salted crisps.

Let me know how it goes I'll be thinking of you.

Ruth
x

HB
25-06-04, 10:44
well i am preapring myself now, going to nip to the chemist in a minute and ask them about getting a rescue remedy, i actually feel quite positive about this, as long as no one is silly and ends up throwing up in my car then il be ok, if they are then they are walking home!!! hehe! my water and juice is already in my car and i will have the air con on all the way there and back regardless of whether it is hot or cold!!

keep giving me positive thoughts!

H

lilac kitten
25-06-04, 22:04
Good luck matey. I know exactly where you're coming from. Actually I always carry a bowl in the boot of my car - but then I have the kids, but it's a comfort to just know its there. I know its a worry that someone else might be ill, but hopefully your friends will behave. I worry too about that sort of thing, and as my therapist says - its perfectly natural, you can walk away should you so wish and go back and check everythings OK if you want.

When I mentioned the Stugeron, they are quite good, they also relax you. I even got them prescribed when I had bad morning (all day) sickness when I was pregnant. But you can buy them over the counter.

Have a lovely evening otherwise. I'm off for an early night as I think my baby isn't too well and I need an early night in case he's up in the night poor thing. I hope its just teething and nothing else.

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the sunshine.

Ruth
x

Caitlyn89
26-06-04, 18:07
HB,

Your afraid of getting car sick too! I dont like going in the car for more then like 30-45 minutes because i get so afraid i will get car sick (even though i never have before) but it can come out of the blue....im suppposed to be making like a hour drive on thursday and boy am i worrying....lemme know how your trip goes and what you did to keep your mind off it so you didnt feel it. Good luck

Caitlyn

Rennie1989
26-06-04, 22:09
wid me i h8 goin into big cars (land rovers, jeeps) and goin ova bumpy country side roads for 20 mins

it sort of started wen seein my aunt, aunt's boyfriend and 2 cousins

Scooter Girl

Caitlyn89
27-06-04, 01:33
What do you do to not feel sick?

HB
27-06-04, 22:19
right to not feel sick, i constantly drink water but please dont getinto a habit oft taking it everywhere because it ihas turned into an obsession with me!!!

H

HB
27-06-04, 22:22
hey Ruth,

My evening was so enjoyable, we all sang songs all night and i actually managed to eat somewhere other than home and food other than what my mum had cooked so i was so proud of myself.

The i came out of stoackport (where i had driven to, about an hour away) and all the roads were blocked off so guess who had to drive all the way back on the motorway!! i only passed my driving test about a month ago so this was very traumatic for me to say the least!!

In the end we had a quick pit stop for me to get my senses back an calm myself down so i felt eay to breathe and the rest of the journey was fine and everyone said they thought i did really well.

You must be such a good mummy, you are so kind xx

H

lilac kitten
28-06-04, 09:30
HB

Well done. I was thinking about you this weekend and wondered how you got on, but I didn't get the chance to go online as I was being kept busy by my five year old building dinosaurs:)

You sound like you had a really good time. You didn't really mention anything about your emetophobia - which is extremely positive. In fact I pick up on the driving thing. I get panic attacks on motorways - actually even just looking at them. I'm a good confident driver but on a motorway or major A road I feel trapped - and I think that started with the emetophobia years ago, but you did it and your friends supported you - how cool is that.[8D]

You ate out as well which is a major achievement for you I know. Put this weekend down on a piece of paper and how you overcame all the negative things - make your wording positive.

I'm sending you a big hug because I know how you must have felt before you went, and I bet when you got home you had a little smile to yourself. I'm really pleased for you.

And remember you will probably be nervous again, but don't be afraid to post to ask for advice and support.

I made a few achievements myself. I took my son swimming - did McDonalds after (even had one myself - and enjoyed it - I must be mad!!), then in the afternoon we went to the school summer fair, so thats walking around feeling trapped etc. but I did it and we even stayed to watch the Chinook helicopter take off (We are near the RAF base so they had a display at the school). Those RAF guys are quite nice - ahem I'm attached so back to reality.

So all in all we both look like we had a good weekend.

Speak soon,

Ruth
x

HB
28-06-04, 10:41
yay!! sounds like our positive thoughts helped each other :-)

H