PDA

View Full Version : Seems like I am not in my own body

unsure_about_this
14-03-13, 11:46
With my health anxiety starting in June 2012. It feels like I am not in my own body. Mad googling of symptoms, checking out cancer sites of symptoms. I have tried to stop doing this now.

I have never avoided the doctors, the doctors are aware I am worried about the big c word.

I worry every day about this symptom or that, plenty of self examination each day and looking.

I have started to avoid eating more of certain foods because of an increased risk of cancer, disease etc (thanks down to reports on television, internet, newspapers etc.

I have worried about at least 30 different cancers, diseases etc because of symptoms since June 2012. I have had an urine test, adomoinal scan all came back clear, I have had two testicular exams by doctor nothing found.

I am sure my mind is playing tricks with me. With the cancer adverts (including the cancer research and macmillan, bupa etc even though these are important adverts) it does adds to my anxiety.

I think the anxiety has got worst because I am unemployed.

FR14
14-03-13, 15:02
Hi,

I am very much the same as you. I have to avoid listening/watching the adverts on TV and the radio as it scares me so much. I used to Google most days but now I have found myself too afraid to do it.

Although I haven't been back to my doctor in over 2 weeks, before this I was going once/twice a week! I think the majority of us here associate our symptoms with C and fail to step back and look at the whole picture of what is ACTUALLY could be.

Have you tried out any therapy?

FR x

venusbluejeans
14-03-13, 15:12
With my health anxiety starting in June 2012. It feels like I am not in my own body.

Have a search on here for depersonalisation or derealisation, it is a common symptom of anxiety.