PDA

View Full Version : the old enemy returns

acmillo
14-03-13, 14:38
Hi guys. I am a 34 year old male who has a beautiful wife and a well mannered and hard working son of 12. I have suffered various bouts of depression over the past 7ish years,but have never joined a community like this. My recent problems seem to have been triggered following a routine dental visit where I had a tooth out. Ever since I have had a weird taste/sensation in my mouth. I can't seem to stop thinking about and the obsessing seems to have gotten to a point where i am now really anxious all the time. I am now having other symptoms such as shortness of breath and tingling in my arms and hands and am generally just feeling low all the time. Each morning I awake to the usual sick feeling in my stomach and feel it is a real battle to just get myself up and out to work. I have seen my go and have been given 20 mgof citralopram which i Have taken since late December. I don't really feel much improvement. How long should I continue on this med or should I be asking for an alternative?

venusbluejeans
14-03-13, 15:14
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

acmillo
14-03-13, 15:22
Thanks for the reply. I think I just feel ready to be more open about how I feel and would like to swap stories with people who experience similar hurdles.I was on the site reading other posts by people who have experiences so similar to mine that I felt it could have been me who wrote them

Mark13
14-03-13, 15:44
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

acmillo
14-03-13, 16:10
Thanks. I think just taking the time to read the forum earlier has really helped. Most of the times I have ever talked about my issues is with healthcare professionals. It is helpful to see how other people cope and hopefully pick up some tips along the way. I have been most impressed by how supportive the community appear to be.

vixenred
14-03-13, 16:47
Hello, that seems like a very small dose. Go back to your GP and have a chat, tell him/her that there doesn't seem to be any improvement. Its all wiring and chemicals in the brain. You are very brave to still be working and I understand that every day is exhausting. :)

Insight
14-03-13, 17:06
:welcome:

ynos
14-03-13, 18:38
:welcome: