PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

roberto
12-09-06, 12:20
Hello all,

just came across this site and can't believe i haven't seen it before. Some quality advice and suggestions in the various forums.

I take Citilopram 20mg and have done for the last 2 years, for Panic attacks and anxiety, Which i rarely see or hear from these days. It really has helped, i thought i was going insane/ about to collapse - the lot.

I can still feel the anxiety in the background somewhere lurking, but i feel a lot more confident about the whole thing now.

Have not been taking my tablets regularly for the last few months (Partly due to the fact that i would like to come off them and partly because i forget!), but get some strange side effects if i dont take them for a few days in a row. I will have to sort out a way of dropping the dosage/amount properly - although i will probably forget!.

This is my story so far............

look forward to speaking to you all.

Rob.

rob

trac67
12-09-06, 12:32
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

I was on citalopram and made the huge mistake of just stopping them once I felt better and the panic came back with avengence, so I am now back on them, they best way is to reduce them very slowly, that way your body will be able to re-adjust without them.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

roberto
12-09-06, 12:51
Cheers for the reply,
Firstly may i apologise for my horrendous spelling mistake, i of course take citalopram, not Citilopram. your right just stopping doesn't work, although it has done for smoking, for which i am almost five months clean, and slightly smug.

Rob.

rob

yorkylover
12-09-06, 12:59
Hi rob,I to am on citalopram and I came of them for 3 months and my depression anxiety got worse.Im now back on them again.
I agree with Trac it has to been done slowly,best to be under the supervision of your gp.
Well done on the smoking[^]
You will get great advice here.Im well chuffed at being told about this forum.:D
Take care.

Ellen XX

manmoor
12-09-06, 13:03
Hi Rob,

A big warm welcome to you. You will gets lots of advice here and meet new friends.

Take Care

Mandyxx

mad_shell66
12-09-06, 13:12
hi robert, welcome to the forum.
i hope you find the information and advice on this site useful
shellxxx:D

Lindalou64
12-09-06, 14:39
WELCOME ROB

YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF INFO AND GOOD PEOPLE HERE EHO CAN RELATE..BEST TO YA......LINDA XX[8D]

Piglet
12-09-06, 15:33
A big welcome to you :D

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

surreylady
12-09-06, 16:40
hi rob,

welcome to the forum, this is a great site and i hope you get as much from it as i do

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

ceecee
12-09-06, 21:35
hi rob welcome to the forum
take care rachel x

nomorepanic
12-09-06, 22:48
Hi Rob

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

Eclipse
13-09-06, 09:35
Hi Rob,
:DWelcome to the forum:D
Well done on your five months of not smoking!
Best Wishes
Magz
XX

sarah1984
14-09-06, 11:11
Hi Rob and welcome!
Please please please go see your doc before coming off your citalopram so they can ween you off properly-if you try going cold turkey/forgetting to take pills, you can actually suffer intense anxiety as part of the withdrawal process. Put them by your place at breakfast/the kettle, and remember to take them, and I'm sure you'll be able to come off them soon.

hayles
14-09-06, 12:27
welcome aboard

Hay x

jackie
14-09-06, 19:33
hi rob

hope we can all support each other with this horrible thing

jackie