PDA

View Full Version : pregabalin effecting blood sugar withdrawal and alternatives

han76
14-03-13, 16:08
well after cold turkey withdrawal from diazepam due to the combo with pregabalin making my Aniexty worse and respiratory distress. I was diagnosed with diabetes oh joy. Put on metformin to regulate that three weeks on I buy myself a blood glucose meter to help work out how to reduce my blood sugar. my vision is blurry and banging headache. low and behold the pregabalin is doubling my blood sugar ! so now another withdrawal any advice it needs to be rapid as its cooking my organs. This will also leave my GAD completely unmediated ! I can't take antipsychotics they make my hair fall out. SSRIs effect metformin and I don't like antidepressants bad side effects. Benzodiazepines are out never taking a benzo again after the horrific withdrawal. sedating antihistamine phelegran didn't do much. plus I have IBS and Asthma to top it off so if it upsets stomachs or causes respiratory distress it may be problematic...yes I am scratching my head advice please Hannah :wacko: