PDA

View Full Version : Serial stress head at your service

Thomo
14-03-13, 19:59
Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi to all here. It's good to see so many people with problems help each other. Before I even joined this site you all helped me. So thank you nomorepanic and of course your amazing users!

BobbyDog
14-03-13, 20:04
A very big warm :welcome: to you.

Thomo
14-03-13, 20:07
Thanks

LuisaE
14-03-13, 20:16
Welcome!

Daisy Sue
14-03-13, 20:23
Hi Thomo, welcome to the forum :)

Thomo
14-03-13, 20:33
Thank you all. To me this site is the best thing since sliced bread. Chance to share with like minded people.

Pipkin
14-03-13, 20:43
Hi Thomo and :welcome:

It would be good if you let us know a bit about your anxiety and why you've joined.

Pip

Thomo
14-03-13, 21:04
Well pip it's been a long road for me. Started off with depression at 15/16 didn't know it at the time. Nothing really talked about at that time so suffered in silence for a number of years. Was self harming at about 18, not my proudest moment but seemed like the right thing at the time. 19 my head was completely fried, was getting chased off werewolf's. know that sounds crazy but I never seen them but I was sure they were after me. Used to carry silver knives about with me cause an attack was coming. Never felt fear like that in my life...ever! Don't have the kind of family that talk and didn't want to tell anyone even a doctor so suffered in silence again. Powered through that (4 years) but managed to control it in my elder years. Things were going smooth for couple years then at 27 the biggest panic attack I've had which was also my first hit me. First year was the worst for me. 15 odd times in and out of hospital convinced I'm going to die. Heart attack was order of the day, now it's progressed to panic disorder with a twist of OCD. Still alive and trying to just carry on with a normal life.
So that's that. I hope I can help people so they don't have to suffer in silence like I did. :hugs:

Pipkin
14-03-13, 21:18
Thomo,

That's a hell of an experience you've had and you've done amazingly well to battle through it. It must have been really tough to manage on your own with delusions like that. Great advice not to struggle on alone. Far too many people do just that, thinking they're on their own when there are millions of us out there, all going through similar things.

I hope you find it beneficial on here - I know I have. You'll meet some lovely people who are always happy to support others and I'm sure you'll be able to do the same, especially with your experience.

Take care

Pip

Thomo
14-03-13, 21:49
It's shaped me in to the person I am today. You hear normal people (that's what I call them lol) moaning about a stressful day at work and I chuckle away to myself. I don't consider myself special or hard done to in anyway, there are a lot of folks out there worse than me and all I want to do is my bit towards helping people. If I had found this site back in the day then I know for a fact I would of not ended up as bad as what I did....FACT! Thank you for your kind words pip. :D

kittikat
14-03-13, 23:54
Hi Thomo & :welcome:

We are all open and friendly here, it's good to share experiences and help others. I hope it helps you on your 'road to recovery'. It has been a godsend for me and I have made some great friends along the way too. Enjoy your stay!!

Kitti :)

Thomo
15-03-13, 00:19
Kittikat

Thanks so much. I was actually just reading a post from yourself from a while back. Somebody called Imcrazy. Anyway, this is now my second home so think I may have to start paying NMP digs! :roflmao:

kittikat
15-03-13, 01:52
Lol...no worries, it's mine too :yesyes: but it's ok they let you stay rent free after a year :roflmao: