PDA

View Full Version : convinced this is lymphoma, besidel myself

cattia
15-03-13, 06:09
Last night I discovered two or three hard, pea size lumps on one side of my neck. Last week I had a large sore spot on my ear lobe and there is still a lump there now. I really believe this is lymphoma. I spent two hours in the night having a full blown panic attack, haven't been this bad in years. I am going away on Monday for a week and don't know whetheri can see the Dr before I go. I have had night sweats for ages too, but only mild ones where my chest is damp so I thought they were ok, now I think it is all connected. Totally freaking out!!!!

Hypo
15-03-13, 08:39
They are your glands, can come up at any time. Some people can feel theirs all the time.

Night sweats are probably due to being anxious. It happens to me too.

I always gets spots on my ears under the skin that feel like hard lumps.

My children's father has Lymphoma cancer and there were a couple of big signs, neither of which you mentioned. No googling ;) His night sweats weren't just a damp chest, they were so bad he had to change his covers during the night. We all sweat a bit during the night so that is not a concern as it is only a little.

If going to the GP puts your mind at rest for your holiday try to get in, but if not, waiting a week will be totally fine. I am positive you do not have lymphoma, I am not a GP but lumps behind your ears are very very common. I have a lot of them under my jaw.

I am in a bad place right now too so I feel your pain.

Dubbmented
16-03-13, 03:45
You DON'T have lymphoma, and the Dr. is going to say the same thing.

cattia
16-03-13, 16:06
Thank you for your replies. I got an emergency appointment at the Dr and he couldn't even find the lump I was talking about! He said glands go up and down all the time and it isn't anything to worry about. As soon as I came out I went back to worrying obsessivly about my son, that is my default worry that just replaces other worries as they get knocked off. HA is so exhausting!!