PDA

View Full Version : panic attack now at work

alwaysanxious
15-03-13, 10:56
hi im having a panic right this minute at work and can hardley breath im writting this to try and focus scaring me , ive been off my cipralex for 5 months now but its coming back, i hav e been feeling bad again fir a couple of months and wondered if i should go on my meds again. and will i have to go through the same side effects aftye 5 months of being off them. god this is awfull trying not to complelty freak out at my desk finding it hard to contain the heaving motion cos of panic . i cant go on like this and im tired i thought i was better after 2 years. its coming back....

MelinaJane
15-03-13, 11:00
hi im having a panic right this minute at work and can hardley breath im writting this to try and focus scaring me , ive been off my cipralex for 5 months now but its coming back, i hav e been feeling bad again fir a couple of months and wondered if i should go on my meds again. and will i have to go through the same side effects aftye 5 months of being off them. god this is awfull trying not to complelty freak out at my desk finding it hard to contain the heaving motion cos of panic . i cant go on like this and im tired i thought i was better after 2 years. its coming back....

:bighug1: Can you excuse yourself and go to the toilet?? Do you know how to do diaphramic breathing? You need to go somewhere quiet so you can stop forcing the panic away - this will make it worse. Focus on your breathing, slow, deep breaths into your stomach. This will pass just hang on...

Ineedlookingafter
15-03-13, 11:01
Take some deep breaths. The panic can't hurt you. Breath in and out slowly. you will be ok in a minute. The anxiety will pass I promise.

alwaysanxious
15-03-13, 11:42
It has subsided, im just left with having to take a deep breath and yawning all the time... thankyou sorry for that outburst,.. but i dont know if i should go back on my tablets.. the trouble is i cant keep reliying on them.... im really sad its taken 2 years to get better and now the past 3 months ive been feeling like this..

i just knocked the small printer over at work. fool!!!!!

ruthless
15-03-13, 12:10
I was on Cipralex for 5 years and came off them last December. I was ok for 6 weeks then I started having panic attacks again. I was determined to stay off AD's at that time, and went to the GP just for Lorazepam. I just continued to get worse and worse and eventually felt I had no choice. I was changed to Sertraline and been on them for 6 weeks. I am feeling better now, and although I didn't want to go back on meds for lots of reasons, at the moment I've just accepted I need them

Pinktel
15-03-13, 13:01
Have none of you been offered CBT from your Doctors? Unless you work at the fear of having a panic attack you will never be fully recovered, meds can supress your nervous system but once you come off them you are vulnerable to the same cycle of fear you suffered initially.
It is amazing how many people on these boards are just packed off from their GPs with a prescription and told to get on with it.:mad:

alwaysanxious
18-03-13, 21:07
hi pinktel i did CBT it was about 12 weeks last year but i still get paic attacks and anxiety , i hate it thought i was cured forever i am totaly upset that i might have to go back on meds. trust me the self talk im doing to stop these attacks is endless some days im at my wits end with it all. im so down with it, doctor wants me to go back on 5 mg of the cipralex i was on which is fine but im scare of the side effects again when i take them ....