PDA

View Full Version : Second day of Propranolol.

Punkachoo
15-03-13, 17:35
So, I had my appointment at the doctors yesterday. He decided to put me on Propranolol, 40mg, 3 times a day. After taking them yesterday, I felt incredibly light headed when I was in town, and pretty faint. Though, it did pretty much kick out my anxiety. I was surprised. Though, I didn't feel that well in general. The more I walked, the worse it felt. But I didn't feel close to a panic attack which was a really nice surprising change.

Today when I woke up, did a few things, and started to feel wonky, and pretty anxious. Then I remembered I had to take my Propranolol. Not long after, the anxious feeling did disappear. Now I'm just left feeling slightly lightheaded again.

One thing I did notice, I have backache. I never ever get backache (apart from monthlies). Is this a normal side effect to have? Does anyone else get this? It's quite bad..I had to do a few things around my house, and the backache kicked in pretty quickly. I'm also feeling pretty slumpy, but that can happen anyway, I'm just not sure if it's increased slumpyness yet.

I've also been on citalopram 20mg for a month, and being put forward to CBT. I have an appointment with someone next week where the next steps will be discussed, or..Something. Stressing about it but, looking forward to it too. The Propranolol should hopefully stop me wanting to just run out of there :).

Hoping all this is going to go well. Even though the Propranolol hasn't got rid of the mental side effects of the anxiety, the fact it calms me down, and pretty quickly, is a great sign! Feeling lightheaded and the back ache I can deal with as long as the physical symptoms of the anxiety have gone. It's a very happy trade for me. All in all, I'm feeling hopeful about the Propranolol :yesyes:.

But my question is yes, does anyone else get the backache? And, does the lightheaded dizzyness pass in time? Or am I stuck with it?

Thanks guys, hope you're all having a great day!

Mark13
15-03-13, 18:17
I can't find back pain listed as a side effect of propranolol.

Could the pain be referred from the stomach or bowel? This drug can cause stomach problems initially.

Glad it's helping you though.

I was on it from 1989, on and off for 15 years. I really found it helpful.

Punkachoo
15-03-13, 18:32
Glad it helped you.

I don't think it's coming from the stomach or bowel. It is my lower back though so I guess it is possible. I did try finding it as a side effect everywhere before asking here, but yeah, found nothing. Ah well, hopefully it passes soon. It's not enough to make me want to stop taking it seems as it's already helping out a lot :).

Thanks for your reply!