PDA

View Full Version : Raw egg?

Em.ma
15-03-13, 18:34
Hi guys.

I didn't cook my egg very well ate most of it. Put one part in my mouth nd it was still raw will I get salmonella. It was stuck to the plate and was see through like a raw egg :(. I took a mouth fall of it realised why I couldn't pick it up and spat it back out. I'm not terrified I've got salmonella . I don't know what salmonella can do or the symptoms and I'm really struggling not to google them.
I know people eat eggs raw but someone at work said it was very very risky :(

xtremx
15-03-13, 18:51
Hi most eggs we buy now a days are pasteurized eggs so the chance is very slim to nothing.

I used to drink raw eggs by the pint for a party trick and I'm still ok.

So I would say no chance of salmonella from a small amount.

Em.ma
15-03-13, 18:55
:( ok just can't help think ill be that slim chance of having it from it. Anxiety sucks

xtremx
15-03-13, 19:18
Ok lets put it this way for the very small amount you my of had the answer would be no.

Anyway Don't google it as you have no chance of getting it OK.

Pasteurized eggs are so safe..

Em.ma
15-03-13, 19:19
I've also got pain when moving below one rib. Not under chest but under the lowest rib when I move cough or laugh. Is this muscular or my heart?
I read about a heart condition that develops in one in 5,000 teens like fabrice Muamba had

Ok thank you . I defiantly don't wont google. I have no idea what it even is really :)

xtremx
15-03-13, 19:31
I've also got pain when moving below one rib. Not under chest but under the lowest rib when I move cough or laugh. Is this muscular or my heart?

You talking to the right person on this topic.

Pain that is made worse when moving,coughing or even laughing is not a sign of heart troubles...But a muscular problem.

You are ok just rest up and don't laugh

Em.ma
15-03-13, 19:35
Thanks. Guess it doesn't help that I watched a load of comedies earlier on today! Haha.

Annie0904
15-03-13, 19:49
My Dad used to drink a raw egg in some sort of drink. You will be fine just as xtremx said :D

Em.ma
15-03-13, 23:57
Hi Annie thanks :)
Feeling better after a sleep after I posted this :)