PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms

ashurrutia
15-03-13, 19:36
Every day about an hour before I have to eat lunch I get a pressure like sensation in the upper portion of my chest, it feels inside my foodpipe. The sensation is as if I needed to burp, but I can't. It is accompanied by a tightness in my neck, chocking feeling, bouts of dizziness/feeling faint and also a tightness in my face and scalp, I almost feels as if my head was about to blow up. If I eat a snack it makes it worse. Only after I eat, is that I'm relieved. However then it turns into a fullness in my chest, that is relieved when I burp. I also get a dry mouth, and when I drink water, I get a chocking sensation afterwards. I'm able to control it now, and not freak out, but those sensations would normally send me into panic before. I'm having some pretty bad reflux and heartburn at the moment, so I'm wondering if it is related to that, as sometimes it feels as if my esophagus is contracting so hard that is pulling my throat down. Anyone else shares these symptoms??

spacebunnyx
16-03-13, 08:17
hi,

Yes... I have these symptoms at the moment. I'm OK when I eat but after I get a horrible pressure sensation in my upper chest. Like you it goes after an hour or two, and helps if I burp. Sometimes I burp so hard that food and stomach juices actually comes right back up.. but this makes it feel better temporarily (sorry if tmi!).

I've had this before.. about 5 years ago following a stressful episode.. I'm having quite a stressful time at the moment again now so I'm pretty sure they are connected. Also, for a week or so recently I was panicked about something else and my reflux symptoms pretty much disappeared.. only to reappear once I'd been reassured about that issue!

Its horrible.. and I can't offer any solutions really - I hope someone can come along and offer something. I did go for a run the other day and felt a bit better after. For me I need to break the obsessive thinking about it (which just makes me feel depressed and makes the feeling worse)... I just don't really know how to do that.

Really hope you feel better soon.

ashurrutia
16-03-13, 15:11
Yes I don't get the pressure right after eating, but 1 to 2 hours afterwards, I also get an increased HR, or Palpitations, namely an Adrenaline rush. I hope you get better, for whatever reason, as bad as it feels, we never faint, nor can anxiety actually hurt us, it just feels like it, so we just have to be strong, and push through the bad moments, and learn to enjoy the good moments(however few or many they might be).:yesyes:

Carly Lou
16-03-13, 15:16
Ashurrutia... your absoloutly right in what you have just said... about anxiety cant hurt us... and that we never faint... i feel ill faint everyday from my dizziness... but i never do...
and im going to try and enjoy the good moments....

xx

Daisy Sue
16-03-13, 19:47
All of this absolutely sounds like indigestion/gastric upset.. maybe try eating smaller meals more often (they call it grazing), and also you could try one of those chalky white ant-acid meds you can buy over the counter... if they help, then you know it's stomach.