PDA

View Full Version : Im new

Cat lady
15-03-13, 20:53
Hey all, well Ive stumbled across this site suffering with depression which took a nose dive about 7 weeks ago, Feel like Ive been to hell and back :( feel friendless etc, no one at work seems to understand depression, my anti depressants fluoxetine were doubled to 40mg 3 weeks ago and im beginning to pull together but the slightest thing has me in tears, I cant believe i have lost friends over this that hurts so much these were people i loved and trusted.

BobbyDog
15-03-13, 21:21
A very big warm :welcome: to you.

Annie0904
15-03-13, 21:32
Hi :welcome: I love your name as I love cats :D I have 2 cats, a 2 year old Bengal and 6 month old Siamese Seal Point.

Cat lady
15-03-13, 21:46
Thank you for ur replies, made me smile x

Tessar
15-03-13, 22:03
Hi Cat Lady.... I'm a cat lover too.
Sorry to her how low you are feline. Depression is very unpleasant indeed and as you are finding, there are many people who just don't understand this condition. The good news is you have certainly come to the right place to get support, advice and to make friends. I haven't been on here that long but it's great because I don't feel alone with my feelings anymore. If I feel bad I can tell people. It's just reassuring to now there are people here who will help you. Also it's amazing too how you also find that by sharing your experiences and responding other people's posts too it makes you feel far more worthwhile (which I might add you are!). I don't think people mean to be hurtful but I can relate to your feelings.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Hi :welcome: I love your name as I love cats :D I have 2 cats, a 2 year old Bengal and 6 month old Siamese Seal Point.

When I saw "Cat Lady" as a user name, I just knew you'd contribute here Annie.... Which is why I have,of course, also mentioned that I'm a cat lover too. The more the merrier eh??

Annie0904
15-03-13, 22:13
You are right Tessar the word 'cat' drew my attention straight away. Oh Cat lady I must warn you Tessar has predictive text which mixes her words up a bit :D I am sure she is sorry you are low and not lush :D
We will try our best to cheer you up :)

Cat lady
15-03-13, 22:20
Thank you, I have 3 cats ;)

Tessar
15-03-13, 22:26
You are right Tessar the word 'cat' drew my attention straight away. Oh Cat lady I must warn you Tessar has predictive text which mixes her words up a bit :D I am sure she is sorry you are low and not lush :D
We will try our best to cheer you up :)

Oh no....... I didn't spot that one, yes no offence meant it was my stupid device changing my words again....:blush::blush::blush::blush:
I will put the typo right in a mo!!!!!!

Annie0904
15-03-13, 22:28
These are my 2 little monsters

Cat lady
15-03-13, 22:31
No offence taken :) and they are sweet kitties :) x

Annie0904
15-03-13, 22:46
I love reading the things that predictive text and speech text changes things to. I text someone to say I had put lavender in my bath and the message they received was I had put lavender up my ass! :blush::wacko: I was so embarrassed!

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Cat lady I would recommend this book Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong It really helped me.

Tessar
16-03-13, 08:16
Annie, that one makes me laugh every time. Laughter is the best form of therapy...

Cat lady
16-03-13, 08:53
Annie you are making me laugh, :) I wish I could stop feeling so friendless. I'm back to work next week and really worried about how people are going to treat me. I've been having weird symptoms of headaches heart racing etc, my doctor says its stress caused by some issues that I've been through lately. I put to much trust in people and then they betray me. People think I'm to clingy...... Roll on the happy days again

ian hall
16-03-13, 09:08
Hey all, well Ive stumbled across this site suffering with depression which took a nose dive about 7 weeks ago, Feel like Ive been to hell and back :( feel friendless etc, no one at work seems to understand depression, my anti depressants fluoxetine were doubled to 40mg 3 weeks ago and im beginning to pull together but the slightest thing has me in tears, I cant believe i have lost friends over this that hurts so much these were people i loved and trusted.
hi would you like a chat?
ian

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

would you like a chat?

Cat lady
16-03-13, 09:22
Hello Ian. Yeah sure :)

---------- Post added at 09:22 ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 ----------

Just realised I can't enter the chat room until I've been a member for 5 days, this is only my 2nd day, wow a chat room suddenly I'm feeling less alone :)

Edie
16-03-13, 10:00
Hi Cat Lady, and welcome.

I never knew there were so many cat ladies around here. I am one too! My cat hates other cats, so I only have the one.

I hope you will like it here :)

Cat lady
16-03-13, 10:10
Just ordered that book of amazon thank you :)

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Hi Edie I'm so glad I've found you guys :)

Annie0904
16-03-13, 10:45
If You don't feel ready to go back to work see your GP again. I rushed back too early before and made myself worse. You need time to heal. xx

malcolm furneaux
17-03-13, 20:20
oh wot lovely cats. do hope they can lift yr mood a bit at times - they look as tho they really love each other in yr pic. We have two cats & I get some comfort when really anxious when one gets on my lap. hope u get lots of support at this site. wishing u all the best

Malcolm Furneaux

Annie0904
17-03-13, 20:28
oh wot lovely cats. do hope they can lift yr mood a bit at times - they look as tho they really love each other in yr pic. We have two cats & I get some comfort when really anxious when one gets on my lap. hope u get lots of support at this site. wishing u all the best

Malcolm Furneaux

The cats on the picture are mine Malcolm...2 yr old silver bengal/siamese and 6 month old Siamese seal point. They are both ALWAYS up to mischief!

Cat lady
18-03-13, 17:33
Well in feeling a lot better today, been using Bach remedy and also a crystal elixir, I've smiled and laughed today

Annie0904
18-03-13, 22:12
Well in feeling a lot better today, been using Bach remedy and also a crystal elixir, I've smiled and laughed today

I am pleased you are having a better day xx

Tessar
18-03-13, 22:16
Me too :-)