PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clear this up for me, please.

Tastee
15-03-13, 23:23
Today I went to the gym with a cut on my finger. It is a cut near my nail and my whole "around my nail" area is bloody. I don't know how I got it.

I know it was there before I went to the gym too. Now I am constantly worrying about contracting HIV from any POSSIBLE way. With that said you could imagine how I feel after working out and then realizing my cut was still there.

It wasn't bandaged or anything. So I immediately left the gym once I noticed it was still an issue.

Why am I here? Well because my mind is racing and I can't think straight.
I must ask: Is there little risk for me to contract anything? I feel as if I just ruined my whole future by just going to the gym with an open wound...

Annie0904
15-03-13, 23:28
I am sure you will not have put yourself to any risk at all.

frosty2901
16-03-13, 00:17
your wound will have to have been in direct contact with someone elses fresh blood to stand any chance of catching anything they may have so unless this has happend i wouldnt worry
frosty x

PanchoGoz
16-03-13, 00:21
Humans are amazing. We can fight off anythin if it's open to oxygen! Only deep puncture wounds are things to worry about. I thoughts I had tetanus one summer when I got all sorts of wounds gardening. But im fine :hugs: