PDA

View Full Version : Hay fever

malc38
18-06-04, 15:13
Hi everyone,
Has anyone here who suffers from hay fever noticed the similarities in symptons with those of panic attacks? i ask this because i think hay fever symptons are bringing on my panic attacks at the moment.

anyones thoughts welcome

malc

sarah
18-06-04, 15:36
Hiya Malcolm

Thankfully I dont suffer from hayfever but I know of a few people who do and it makes them feel really grotty.

It could be that the hayfever is making you feel low and maybe more susceptible to panic? Its very common that when we are ill our panic becomes more pronounced so although hayfever isnt an ilness as such, it might have the same consequences.

take care
love sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

HB
18-06-04, 16:06
hello Sarah,

Yes i suffer from hay fever really really badly as you do, I can sympthise with you as, yes it makes you feel so on edge if you suffer from panic attacks. I can easily say that my panic is so much worse during high pollen season so you arent alone,

Thanks for all your great advice love helen

H

HB
18-06-04, 16:06
sorry i meant malcolm!!!

H

malc38
18-06-04, 16:34
Thanks Helen:D its nice to know im not the only one

malc

nomorepanic
18-06-04, 21:36
Anyone got any fayfever cures?

I was taking Zirek - not working. Then moved to New Era combination H tissue salts - not working either.

I need something homeopathic preferably.

I am sitting here sneeezing constantly and my eyes are killing me!

Nicola

Rennie1989
18-06-04, 22:09
hiya

i suffer from hayfever, noly wen its high.

the only thing i can suggest is to stay indoors, windows and doors closed.

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

malc38
19-06-04, 08:26
Hi
I was given antihistaminess for my hay fever by the doctor, but ive since read that they can bring on panic attacks so i stopped taking them:(. Feels like i cant win then ( nothing new here ) take them and get the attacks dont take them and feel like im getting the attacks! Oh well who said life was easy:D

take care
malc

silentcalligraph
19-06-04, 10:10
A lot of people get remarkable results with accupuncture - I can tell from my own experience that it's definitely worth a try. Ideally you should have the first sessions a month or two before pollen season starts but you can also start in the middle of all the fun.

april tones
19-06-04, 20:47
hi all. i have beconase spray from docs. ITS GOOD, you can get eye drops too. love april x

apriltones

nomorepanic
19-06-04, 21:06
April - I used to use the nasal spray but don't anymore - got scared off it after a guy at work was told that it was that that caused him a few problems

I use optrex for the eyes.

Nicola

diana
22-06-04, 00:24
Hi all,

I too suffer with hayfever. Usually only when pollen counts are extrememly high though.

I can`t really say that I always feel an attack coming on, but it does seem to me that I am excessively anxious at this time of year.

Anyone else experience this?

I don`t have any cures either.

Although I have heard that a natural saline spray for the nose works wonders. I may try it myself.

I hope everyone is feeling well and getting relief from the awful hayfever. :)

Love,

Diana xxx

HB
22-06-04, 18:01
try xylal, its a miracle cure! need to go to your docs to get it though :-)

H

diana
23-06-04, 07:13
Hiya HB,

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it is offered in the US?

Any side affects to mention?

Take care all.

I hope you are all staying cool and beating the hayfever. ;)

Love Diana xoxoxo