PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been on medication?

jayjoe18
16-03-13, 14:33
I'm just wondering how long people are on their anti anxiety medication for? Also, is it safe to be on this sort of medication for years or does it start causing other problems with your health if your on them too long?

tracy7024
16-03-13, 15:51
I have been on mine for two years now, what are you taking?

Annie0904
16-03-13, 15:53
I have been taking mine for 9 years.

Pipkin
16-03-13, 16:42
Just over a year here, though this isn't the first time.

Pip

BobbyDog
16-03-13, 16:46
I have been taking antidepressant medication for about 17 years and to my knowledge I am not suffering with any AD related illnesses.

ricardo
16-03-13, 19:07
On and off for 32 years.Only problem for me is fluctuating in weight depending what drugs I am/was on.

steveo
16-03-13, 19:08
Been on Prozac at 7 years old for one year, then at 17 I started SSRIs for 11 years. Came off after feeling amazing and relapsed lower that I knew was possible. Currently back on an SSRI and diazapam and have been back for 2 and a half months.

lindadiana
16-03-13, 19:40
was put on diazepam and other things aged 11 for a year or so,went back on them at 19,got off them age 30 back on age 39 and still on them now,so in total 28 years last 16 years been on 9 x 2mg daily

reddevil
16-03-13, 23:12
Been on amitriptiline for 8 years.

kittikat
16-03-13, 23:16
Been on and off diazepam 7 years, currently been on it daily for 16 months (but weaning off now) also on Venlafaxine nearly 8 months.

Serenitie
17-03-13, 06:26
Too long! I am currently working on getting off them slowly and safely by tapering very slowly in conjunction with nutritional therapy, exercise and a raw diet. Anti depressants have caused numerous health problems for me. The side effects are often only notable retrospectively as you contribute a lot of these things to anxiety. Changes in medication and doses has proved otherwise in my personal experience. Side effects experienced include: sleep disturbance, nightmares, depersonalisation, fatigue, apathy, suicidal ideation, sugar cravings, appetite loss, dizziness, hallucinations, nausea, dry heaving, vomiting, rapid mood changes, urticaria, inability to feel or express emotions or cry, strange body sensations, jaw clenching, constipation, severe weight loss, weight gain, decreased motivation, decreased creativity, impaired co ordination, reduced concentration, confused thinking, flatness. Enough reasons for me to want to kick them to the kerb! :yesyes: