PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when having an off day?

Lissa101
16-03-13, 16:11
I guess everyone on here can relate. Having a bad day - trying to do some work but foggy headed, on edge, dizzy and just feeling 'off'. I'd love to just go and sit on the sofa but don't really fancy spending the rest of the day dwelling on how I feel. Don't want to talk to anyone and just in the kind of mood where I'm thinking 'what's the point? I'm just sick of this'.

Any tips? Usually a glass of wine would be very tempting but my boyf is here tonight and he's a recovering alcoholic so it wouldn't be very fair on him.

What did we all do wrong in our past lives to get burdened with this ?!!

xxx

Tessar
16-03-13, 16:26
Well, usually if I'm in that boat (&it happens to me more often than I'd like) I do try to get stuck into something. Of course when u feel all over the place physically as well as in your mind, that's much easier said than done, but if you can focus on a task is helpful. It doesn't mean anything particularly taxing. It's preferable if you can think of something to do that you enjoy. Maybe even a bit of soothing music.
Something I did the other day that cheered me up no end was looking at children's programs I like when I was growing up. It was a fair while ago when I was little so it always makes me laugh as they look so dated but are good for making me smile.
Actually sometimes you can benefit from time reflecting on life, so maybe a wallow on the sofa isn't such a vp bad thing. If I'm going to do that then it's with the intention of looking at things constructively. Sometimes you need to acknowledge that life is crap. There's a point at which sometimes you need to recognise that things take their toll on you. Nothing wrong with that because taking stock can be helpful. But you need to put a purpose into the thinking time rather than it being a tool to drag u down any further tempting tho that is.
If you don't feel great, then pushing yourself to be active might not be best but perhaps a breath of fresh air, a 5-10 min gentle walk, or maybe a nice relaxing bath?
You are good in recognising that having a drink won't help your boyfriend, that's kind of you to be considerate as its perhaps taken away from you something that might have helped.
Anyway, sorry your days isn't great. Is it raining where you are? It's been pee'ing down here on & off all day. Not the most enticing of weather exactly is it?
Well bye for now and I hope u have a nice evening with your boyfriend.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Oatcake
16-03-13, 17:13
Something I did the other day that cheered me up no end was looking at children's programs I like when I was growing up. It was a fair while ago when I was little so it always makes me laugh as they look so dated but are good for making me smile.

I did something similar Tessar :yesyes: Found an old CD from my mis-spent youth and partied like it was 1999. Just for half an hour, I said b*llocks to the present, and pretended I was 18 again. Happy memories of Two Dogs, Hooch and cheesy tunes. If the past was pretty good, why not?

Bekzie
16-03-13, 18:58
I put something funny on TV and play a game with my kids no matter how ill I feel they always cheer me up :D

Lissa101
16-03-13, 18:59
Thanks both! I took your advice and put on some cheesy music (madonna immaculate collection lol) and decided I wasn't going to let it beat me today. I managed to finish the piece of work I needed done so I'm very happy.

It's so easy to get caught up in the negative thought cycle. The 'will I ever feel happy again?' train of thoughts which only ever bring you down. I'm slowly learning to cut them off when they pop up but its certainly not easy.

Oatcake - I was also a Hooch girl back in '99 :D x

BobbyDog
16-03-13, 19:08
Power walking with my pooch releasing a few endorphins.:)

Lissa101
16-03-13, 19:15
My dog stresses me out! This week he slipped his lead and ran into PC World - me and some 16 year old spent 15 minutes trying to catch him and coax him away from the expensive plasma tellys :) He's a rescue, only had him 8 weeks and we're trying to improve his behaviour. At least he takes my mind off anxiety when we're out! x

rb1978
16-03-13, 20:25
I tend to play games online (mainly on here lol) and watch films. Before I know it the day's almost over. :)