PDA

View Full Version : Is this likely a burn in the mouth?

Hypo
16-03-13, 16:39
I often burn the roof of my mouth when I rush my food :blush:

However, today I went out for a meal and I can't remember burning my mouth exactly (but the food was piping hot) but after I finished eating my meal my mouth felt a bit sore on one side and rough.

Got home and looked in the mirror and there is a patch in my mouth.. it's a little sore and feels raw. The patch is a slightly different colour than my skin ( looks like a layer or two of my skin has gone) with some dry skin around it. I would describe it as looking similar to a blister that has burst.

It is sore when I run my tongue over it.

Does it sound like it could be a burn? I am scared it is oral cancer.

Ddcoo
16-03-13, 17:47
You could well have burned your mouth and I would not jump to any other conclusions just yet. Give it a few days to heal and keep hot food away from the area for the time being. If it still the same after 3 or 4 days then just go and get it checked out, but I am sure you will be fine.

Hypo
16-03-13, 18:22
Thank you.

I am 31 so I think it is rare in my age group?

It's more red looking now and some of the skin is peeling.

Dubbmented
17-03-13, 02:33
I get this all the time, do you suffer from a mild dry mouth ?

This usually causes it for me, or like you said.. Hot or scratchy food usually can mess your mouth up for a few days.

Usually, when I find something different in my mouth I would freak out, but now I just keep an eye on it for a few days and surely by the 4th-5th day It's gone :)

I'm sure it's the same for you.. If it persists longer then that, just get it checked out! Good luck.

Lilharry
17-03-13, 04:58
Yep, sounds like a burn to me too. I have a sensitive mouth and burn it all the time. It can create blisters. I would give it a few days to heal and it will feel much better.

lily413
17-03-13, 11:18
I had this exact same worry a few weeks ago, couldn't remember burning my mouth but sure enough it healed within a few days. I would put a lot of money on it being a burn!

Hypo
17-03-13, 18:01
Thank you.

Today the skin has gone but there is a red mark there so I am guessing it is a burn still.