PDA

View Full Version : ONLY TAKEN 50gms A DAY

spottitchsam
16-03-13, 16:41
Hi guys I have looked through the other threads about the pregabalin and everyone seems to be on a large amount of this pill or medium amount but they have something else added to the pills.
My dose is very low I'm only taken 2x25mg,I only started 26th February which is only 18 days ago so it still might be to quick to be in my system.I left off the lorazepam only 5days ago but for the last couple of days I've been feeling like crap.I do not see my gp for another 3weeks if I can last that long.do you think this dose is to low,I know that we should not ask for medical advice on here but I was just wondering if anyone else is on this low dose and if you are is it working and how soon did you notice a difference.I am not taking any other pills for my anxiety.I'm on other medications for my other health problems.hope someone else can come back and give me some advice.x

Mark13
16-03-13, 22:56
Hello Jean

It's difficult to say with pregabalin as it's not prescribed often due to the cost.

Certainly I would expect 2x75mg to be the start dose but obviously that would depend on any other drugs you are on or whether your GP might think you'll be particularly sensitive to it's effects.

Usual dose is between 150mg to 600mg per day split into 2 or 3 doses.

From reading up on this drug it can take between 1 to 4 weeks to reach full effect but you may feel some benefit at any time.

It's by far the best drug I've ever been on for anxiety, I hope it works well for you too.

Mark

BobbyDog
17-03-13, 08:01
Could the low dose prescribed have something to do with other medications you are taking for your physical health problems Jean?

Because I take Amitriptyline and Mirtazapine, my dose of 300mg split dose of Pregabalin does the trick for me.

I started on 100mg split dose 50mg morning and evening.

I could not tolerate a higher dose as the other medications I take have a sedating effect and I would be unable to function during the day.

If I can help you at all Jean, just send me a PM.

spottitchsam
17-03-13, 13:01
Hello Jean

It's difficult to say with pregabalin as it's not prescribed often due to the cost.

Certainly I would expect 2x75mg to be the start dose but obviously that would depend on any other drugs you are on or whether your GP might think you'll be particularly sensitive to it's effects.

Usual dose is between 150mg to 600mg per day split into 2 or 3 doses.

From reading up on this drug it can take between 1 to 4 weeks to reach full effect but you may feel some benefit at any time.

It's by far the best drug I've ever been on for anxiety, I hope it works well for you too.

Mark
Thanks for reply Mark,I'm hanging in and fingers crossed they will hurry up and start working.if no better in a couple of weeks time I might ask if I can go up slightly.how long have you been taking the pregabalin for.

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Could the low dose prescribed have something to do with other medications you are taking for your physical health problems Jean?

Because I take Amitriptyline and Mirtazapine, my dose of 300mg split dose of Pregabalin does the trick for me.

I started on 100mg split dose 50mg morning and evening.

I could not tolerate a higher dose as the other medications I take have a sedating effect and I would be unable to function during the day.

If I can help you at all Jean, just send me a PM.

BobbyDog you could be right,I'm on the following medications doxazosin,perindopril and bendroflumethiazide for blood pressure,Levothyroxine for thyroids,30mg throughout the day of amitriptyline for rheumatoid arthritis pain in my feet,and of course the 50mg of pregabalin.x

BobbyDog
17-03-13, 18:17
If you're still not sure Jean, speak to your doctor and get him to clarify the situation for you.

sarah.xxx

spottitchsam
17-03-13, 19:17
If you're still not sure Jean, speak to your doctor and get him to clarify the situation for you.

sarah.xxx

BobbyDog thanks I might do that tomorrow.I've been feeling a bit better since lunch time so perhaps fingers crossed one of the pills I'm taking might have started to work.x

Mark13
18-03-13, 17:09
Thanks for reply Mark,I'm hanging in and fingers crossed they will hurry up and start working.if no better in a couple of weeks time I might ask if I can go up slightly.how long have you been taking the pregabalin for.
Hi Jean

Since the 30th of November 2012, so about 4½ months, maybe about 3 months of that on the max dose of 600mg, but I've had GP's approval to reduce that slowly to 400mg to try to reduce side effects.

Mark

spottitchsam
19-03-13, 10:12
Hi Jean

Since the 30th of November 2012, so about 4½ months, maybe about 3 months of that on the max dose of 600mg, but I've had GP's approval to reduce that slowly to 400mg to try to reduce side effects.

Mark
Mark sorry for delay in answering your reply,can I ask if you have had any problem with your eyesight.I mean is everything has it was or have they been a bit blurry.thanks.x

BobbyDog
19-03-13, 12:09
Mark sorry for delay in answering your reply,can I ask if you have had any problem with your eyesight.I mean is everything has it was or have they been a bit blurry.thanks.x

I have constant blurred vision now, the optician said my pupils no longer contract, I have permanent dilated pupils. Having to wear glasses 24/7, can't see a thing without them Jean.xxxxsarah

spottitchsam
19-03-13, 13:26
I have constant blurred vision now, the optician said my pupils no longer contract, I have permanent dilated pupils. Having to wear glasses 24/7, can't see a thing without them Jean.xxxxsarah

BobbyDog,thanks for the reply I'm just waiting again for my gp to ring me back.I would like to go back and have my eyes tested but you are only allowed one free nhs test a year.if I want another test I have to pay for it privately.x

Mark13
19-03-13, 17:35
Yes, had blurry eyesight for a while, and some double vision, but it all setlled down.

It did take a few weeks though for all eyesight related effects to go, but that's probably as I was increasing the dose every week up to the maximum (under GPs supervision).

spottitchsam
19-03-13, 17:46
Yes, had blurry eyesight for a while, and some double vision, but it all setlled down.

It did take a few weeks though for all eyesight related effects to go, but that's probably as I was increasing the dose every week up to the maximum (under GPs supervision).

Mark thank you so much for this I feel a bit better now,plus I am not going to increase because I am also taking amitriptyline for rheumatoid arthritis pain in my feet.

Mark13
22-03-13, 23:09
Hope the amitrityline helps with your pain.

My wife takes it alongside a couple of other drugs to help with nerve pain (sciatica).

Glad things are settling down with the pregabalin.

spottitchsam
24-03-13, 14:07
Hope the amitrityline helps with your pain.

My wife takes it alongside a couple of other drugs to help with nerve pain (sciatica).

Glad things are settling down with the pregabalin.

Mark,sorry I have not replied before but yesterday (Saturday)I left at 6.40.am to spend the day in London,we went to the cruise show.the amitriptyline I'm taking for my rheumatoid arthritis pain in my feet is helping a little bit but I think when I see my gp in 2weeks time I'm going to see if he will up it another 10mg.as for the pregabalin pill I think at long last they are beginning to work.have a good afternoon.x

BobbyDog
24-03-13, 16:09
Wow, You managed to get in to London Jean, sounds like your medication is finally helping you with your anxiety, long may it continue.x

spottitchsam
24-03-13, 19:49
Wow, You managed to get in to London Jean, sounds like your medication is finally helping you with your anxiety, long may it continue.x
hi bobbydog,all the trips that we have been on this year was all booked last year before my panic attack on new years day.i think you could be right about the pregablin pill working.after the cruise show we took our granddaughter to the science museum my son took her around the 3 floors while my husband went round on his on,but only after we went for a coffee and sandwich.i then stayed on my own sat on my mobilty scooter just watching everyone walk by,they seemed to have not a care in the world.because we took my scooter with me i was abled to get on the tubes and i had enough space round me,nobody could not get to close to me.have a good evening.x
I DONE IT.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

SarahH
12-04-13, 13:14
400mg a day (in two doses) is the "theraputic dose) if nothing else is prescribed. Side effects gradually wear of over a several days. Once up to the theraputic dose it will take 4-6 weeks before full effects can be felt.Main side effects are somnolence (sleepiness) and dizzeness. Basically you feel a little drunk!! This passes in a few days then when dose is raised you then get the side effects again. This then settles.

spottitchsam
12-04-13, 14:05
400mg a day (in two doses) is the "theraputic dose) if nothing else is prescribed. Side effects gradually wear of over a several days. Once up to the theraputic dose it will take 4-6 weeks before full effects can be felt.Main side effects are somnolence (sleepiness) and dizzeness. Basically you feel a little drunk!! This passes in a few days then when dose is raised you then get the side effects again. This then settles.

Hi Sarah,saw my gp on Tuesday and he was more than happy with me on a low dose.in fact he is looking forward to July and I will be reducing by 25mg.I have been waking up at least 4/6 Times every night for years.I sleep for about 1-2 hours then have a drink and wee,then another1-2 hours that carries on until I wake up about 8/9am.although I have about 8 hours sleep I am very tired when I do get up.
xxx

SarahH
12-04-13, 15:35
Hi guys I have looked through the other threads about the pregabalin and everyone seems to be on a large amount of this pill or medium amount but they have something else added to the pills.
My dose is very low I'm only taken 2x25mg,I only started 26th February which is only 18 days ago so it still might be to quick to be in my system.I left off the lorazepam only 5days ago but for the last couple of days I've been feeling like crap.I do not see my gp for another 3weeks if I can last that long.do you think this dose is to low,I know that we should not ask for medical advice on here but I was just wondering if anyone else is on this low dose and if you are is it working and how soon did you notice a difference.I am not taking any other pills for my anxiety.I'm on other medications for my other health problems.hope someone else can come back and give me some advice.x

My Consultant Psyc says that 400mg a day (200mg morning and night) is the Theraputic dose. Its working for me...see my post...good luck.

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Hi Sarah,saw my gp on Tuesday and he was more than happy with me on a low dose.in fact he is looking forward to July and I will be reducing by 25mg.I have been waking up at least 4/6 Times every night for years.I sleep for about 1-2 hours then have a drink and wee,then another1-2 hours that carries on until I wake up about 8/9am.although I have about 8 hours sleep I am very tired when I do get up.
xxx

Sorry just saw your reply!!! new to this forum thing:D. Hope it works out for you. You could try for a referral to a Psychiatrist. There knowledge of drugs is far better than GP's, who are well meaning but not experts. Best wishes

spottitchsam
12-04-13, 17:05
Sarah H thanks for your replies,about 6 years ago i went into hospital for 24 hours of constant obverasion.i was starved of food and drink for 12 hours.(daytime).i had to have my blood pressure,blood,taken every hour and go to the toilet in a tray so they could measure my out put.i even had to have a nurse follow me into the toilet incase i drank any water not just from the tap.lol.i said no one would drink out of the toilet would they.they said you would be surprised they have known someone who drank the flower water out of the vase.anyway the out come was normal whatever that meant.because of the different medications im on with the side affects i have put it down to that.
xx