PDA

View Full Version : severe chest pains, heart murmur

flutterbuy
16-03-13, 16:44
hey guys i dont post much really but been a sufferer for 13 years, somethin has got me wondering, well since yesterday i have had left sided sharp stabbin pain in my chest is worse as i breath in, it finally went yesterday but has returned today and im say here clutching at my chest, i have heart murmur which i was told was nothin to worry about but i cant help but think abou that too, now iv had an echo, countless ecgs chest xray and a 7 day heart monitor all showed nothing at all, could this left sided sharp almost unbearable chest pain be Indigestion??

JulieJay92
16-03-13, 16:56
thats so me plus i have sweaty palms

Bekzie
16-03-13, 17:09
Hi flutterbuy,
I also have a heart murmur, when I started having panic attacks it scared the hell out of me too. Anyway a few years ago I was seriously ill with a totally unrelated health matter and recovered. After this I had sharp stabbing pains in my chest, left shoulder and sort of below my left breast all at different times. this was very scary and made me panic more so after seeking medical advice was constantly reassured by doctors that these pains are normal, it can be indigestion, trapped wind etc all the pains are from the diaphram (can't spell sorry :)) the diaphram has nerve endings in the chest, shoulders etc and causes my pains, this could be what causes yours too. If your worried I would go and see your doctor for reassurance.
I must point out that these pains are absolutely nothing to do with me being seriously ill, I have since found it is quite common.