PDA

View Full Version : Ddcoo Last week of radiation for tongue cancer

Ddcoo
16-03-13, 16:59
Well here I am nearing the end of my treatment, just Monday left to go under the mask and 82 beeps as the radiation is fired at my neck/tongue area and I can get up from that machine and bring my mask home with me. I know I still have a pretty sore time in front of me as the radiation continues to worrk for a week or more afterwards, but there will be no more long daily trips to Leeds.

I know I have said it many times before but I want to thank each and every one of you for your prayers and support; you have made my passage through this so much easier and I would not have coped so well if you had not been there for me.

Last week waas quite a long week, maybe because it was the last full week and there was not much difference in the way my
body has reacted except my neck is bright red and all the skin is peeling off'

I will do a final post either on Monday or Tuesday but as I have said before if any of you need any help mentally over an illness, then I will be there for you as you have been there for me. ~Di x

Annie0904
16-03-13, 17:06
Di I can't tell you how much I am pleased that you only have one session left to go. You have really showed amazing courage through all of this and have kept your wonderful sense of humour. You are a real inspiration to all of us. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tessar
16-03-13, 17:07
yipeeeee you are soooo nearly there my lovely...............

ddcooooooo we love youuuuuuddcooooooo we love youuuuuuddcooooooo we love youuuuuuddcooooooo we love youuuuuuddcooooooo we love youuuuuu
ddcooooooo we love youuuuuuddcooooooo we love youuuuuuddcooooooo we love youuuuuuddcooooooo we love youuuuuuddcooooooo we love youuuuuu

Hypo
16-03-13, 17:20
:D That is good news.

You are such an inspiration.

Em.ma
16-03-13, 17:47
So glad it's nearly over! You've been so brave :yesyes::bighug1:

Magic
16-03-13, 17:48
SENDING YOU LOTS OF HUGS DDCOO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:XX

rated_r90
16-03-13, 19:01
Well done Di! You've been so brave and deserve a good holiday now and some fun!

cattia
16-03-13, 19:12
Hooray!!! The endis finally in sight!! I will really be thinking of you as you enter the final week of treatment, you've done so well and been such an inspiration to us all, now you can look forward to life returning to normal at last.

AuntieMoosie
16-03-13, 19:48
Di you have done so well and I'm so very proud of you :yesyes:

Loads more hugs being sent :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1:

swgrl09
16-03-13, 20:28
YOU ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!! THIS TIME NEXT WEEK YOU WILL BE DONE!!! :D:bighug1::yahoo:

wow, I hope you celebrate big time when this is over!!! You deserve all the hugs in the world!

Twinsmummy
16-03-13, 22:01
That is wonderful truly. Count those 82 beeps down to 0. Thinking of you on Monday.

All the very best, your poor body has certainly been through enough, onwards and upwards!
Xxx

panickyme
16-03-13, 22:15
Soooooooooooo Happy for you. :) We are going to throw you an online celebration party, next week when this is all behind you. You have been an amazing, courageous, person throughout this. I wish you the best, and pray that this will all be behind you soon. :hugs:

Eek
17-03-13, 02:40
Yay, only one more to go. You're such a brave lady my thoughts will be with you on Monday.

Tessar
17-03-13, 08:51
Soooooooooooo Happy for you. :) We are going to throw you an online celebration party, next week when this is all behind you. You have been an amazing, courageous, person throughout this. I wish you the best, and pray that this will all be behind you soon. :hugs:

Be there or be square!