PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me this can go away?

Orange Lightning
16-03-13, 20:45
I'm not sure but I think I have GERD of some sort. I always bring things up when I belch, my body arms and face switch between burns/chills, I get palpitations and a lump in my throat. Omeprazole, Lansoprazole, Gaviscon Advance and Setraline do nothing for it. I'm only 21 and terrified I'll have to suffer like this for my whole life!! Can it all just be anxiety or is it not GERD at all?

GlobusGirl32
17-03-13, 11:48
In October when my life started to change, and i was gettin all these symptoms my doctor tried to tell m it was GERD and i was put on all those things you just mentioned yet they never helped.. i got an endoscopy done, come to find out i had no trace of gerd. Now i realize that all my symptoms are anxiety related but it took alot of appointments, meds, procedures and more to finally understand. I would ask your doctor about an endoscopy.. im 23 so i know how it feels to be so young and suffer from something you dont understand. I wish the best for you truly..

justice38
17-03-13, 13:17
You are going to be fine. I have posted many times on here (ibs) about various ailments reflux and gerd being a couple of those. I have been tested and tested been in the emergency room more than once over anxiety. The only thing that really helped me was a guy in a white coat telling me I was having anxiety attacks. If you feel you need to go to the doctor then you need to go.

I have had gerd so bad at times I have thrown up. It's seems to come and go depending on my level of stress and how I am dealing with it.

If you want specifics PM me

And yes it can go away

Orange Lightning
18-03-13, 12:31
Thank you both of you. It is unusual how when I belch it doesn't really burn, but I get a weird taste all the same. I really hope it isn't GERD; I miss chocolate and all my other favourite foods, but the experience will still teach me to have a healthier diet from now on. :D I wonder if it's possible to just throw up mucus or other stomach contents?

GlobusGirl32
18-03-13, 20:54
Is it a metallic taste by any chance?

Orange Lightning
18-03-13, 21:30
Is it a metallic taste by any chance?

I want to say yes but I'm not sure. It ties in with my sore throat worsening though. ;(

GlobusGirl32
19-03-13, 01:33
Yea at the peak of my anxiety and sometimes out of nowhere ill get a metallic taste in my mouth, my doctor told me its normal but sometimes it does burn my throat and it will be sore for a few days. There are just so many symptoms that its hard to pin point whats wrong and why!

PinkRoxy
19-03-13, 03:46
I have GERD and I find that those tablets are rubbish too. Even though they do help to some point but not really. I find they can minimise it a little. I find what helps when you have a bad attack is try cutting out certain foods such as bread, sugar and dairy. Gluten is another trigger. I have had moments and good moments but I find watching what I eat in the bad times can help with it. If it doesn't then I would mention it to your doctor and get something like a gastroscopy done because if there is something like gall stones or other minor things then they can get rid of them and that could be the cause of your symptoms.

All the best aye

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

I want to say yes but I'm not sure. It ties in with my sore throat worsening though. ;(

When I have a sore throat I definitely feel worse with indigestion, heart burn and reflux. I'm sure there is a trigger there somewhere with sore throats aye.

Rls1994
19-03-13, 18:53
I'm not sure but I think I have GERD of some sort. I always bring things up when I belch, my body arms and face switch between burns/chills, I get palpitations and a lump in my throat. Omeprazole, Lansoprazole, Gaviscon Advance and Setraline do nothing for it. I'm only 21 and terrified I'll have to suffer like this for my whole life!! Can it all just be anxiety or is it not GERD at all?

Hey Orange.

I get the EXACT same thing and it's been really bad for several months now. I'm always burping, feeling as if food/drink is backing up (although it doesn't reach my mouth), getting a sick taste when I burp sometimes but I have NO heartburn/acidic feeling whatsoever. I feel sick sometimes now as well but I've never been sick from it. Do you have these symptoms too?

I take Omeprazole 40 MG DAILY and they aren't working.. So now I'm waiting to have an endoscopy. (3 weeks from today). I will let you know what they find when I get mine done if you want?

I'm 18 and also worry that I have to suffer from these stupid and daily affecting symptoms all my life.. I hope it is just anxiety as well.

edit: Oh, and I can totally relate to Pink! I also find that Omeprazole works a LITTLE but not enough. I asked my doctor to up the dose but they want to do an endoscopy now.