PDA

View Full Version : go away health anxiety I will beat it one day.

unsure_about_this
16-03-13, 21:55
Sorry for going on too much during my 1st week on the forum. I do have a disability called dyspraxia whether this makes it harder for me to control my health anxiety or over consicous I prefer to be checked out than worry. I am getting a bit fed up and frustration about my health anxiety lasted too long, also with OCD washing my hands too much before eating, preparing food etc.

Checking the doors and windows are locked too much before going out (even though my parents will sooner me check as many times as I want and make sure I am 100% happy before leaving.)

My parents are concern and its probably not doing them any good with me going on, worrying it seems like a different worry each day, plenty of reassurance from them, tell me I am healthly than them etc. For my age of not even 30 yet I should not have many worries. I just want to be me again. It seems like life is going by far too quickly. I just want me to be like I was in the 90s.

My Dad have even wrote to the doctors when I have had appointments tell them how concern their are I have been 5 times already this year, about 20 last year. I am going to the doctors this month for a review with my Dad. I am serious thinking about therapy or other help, going to see what doctor says.

We don't have any history of any major diseases, cancer etc who are blood family relative what we know of (on both sides of family)
Me and my mum have NF but we visit the doctors regularly. The concern I have is that my Dad smokes and worried he may get lung cancer or another type of cancer because of him smoking. I don't smoke and drink alcohol myself (the only thing is passive smoke) and I try to avoid going to near car exhaust etc.

I have been told I got IBS last year by a few doctors whether this is down to stress, the doctors order me an adomonial ultrasound of organs all came back clear, urine test came back clear. blood test done also had blood pressure taken normal. I have been given Fybogel and (IBS tablets when needed) by doctors which seems to have worked. The good thing is I have not loss weight, or don't think I put any weight on, been weight at doctors twice, rectal exam, stomach felt twice.

One day I will beat health anxiety. Time to block these health sites and say goodbye doctor google and similar search engines doctors from me