PDA

View Full Version : Moving - can I stay with current gp?

Mogwog
17-03-13, 09:03
Just after a bit of advice really - obviously I am here because I have severe Health anxiety and depression.

We are going to be moving to the next town (20 mins away) and I really don't want to change Drs.

I have built up a good relationship with my current gp and she has been detrimental in helping me cope with my problems whereas others in the practice quite frankly have been rubbish. So I am relly worried about trying to find a new gp who will understand me.

Has anyone moved but managed to stay at their current gp practice? I don't really want to lie and not say I've moved as I can imagine that would create a range of problems. I cant use a family members address as they don't live here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Mogwog
17-03-13, 20:02
Anyone please?

Annie0904
17-03-13, 20:08
When I moved 14 years ago I wanted to keep the same GP but the problem is that if ever a home visit was needed they wouldn't b able to visit you. I changed doctors and luckily I have fantastic doctors here too.

Mogwog
18-03-13, 10:50
Thanks for replying Annie

I feel like I'm being a bit silly about it really - I've just come off of antidepressants to try for another baby so maybe when I'm back on them I'll be able to think a little clearer about it all.

L.xxxxxx

Twinsmummy
18-03-13, 10:56
Hiya

Why don't you ask someone in your new area for a recommendation, there may be a fab one where you are moving to. In the meantime as the GP that your get on with if you can stay with her until then?

We had to move as one of the GP's from my last area (who were fantastic) came to look around my house when we were selling it and 6 months later he very nicely told us we had to leave!

Our new ones aren't great but I'm finding my way with them. It's the receptionists that drive me crazy....
X

Mogwog
18-03-13, 11:04
Thanks Twinsmummy

I've got to go and see her anyway in a few weeks so I'll talk to her then. Shes very reasonable and hopefully will let me continue to see her until I find a gp.

xxxxxxx