PDA

View Full Version : back pain !

dusty41
17-03-13, 10:04
Hi, I've had H A for around 5 years now, started with a pa nick attack out of the blue. Docs put it down to the trauma of losing my mum from lung cancer ( I cared for her at home until she passed) I had previously lost Mr dad 12 weeks earlier as well. Anywast to cut a long story short I've had nearly every H A symptom since then, dizziness, etc etc. However after now having to contend with back / muscular pain I'm beginning to go into overdrive with negative thinking. I ended up at A &E a few months ago as it was so severe ( also had digestion problems). They did a chest xray which was fine so that put my mind at rest, until Now! Keep getting it intermittently, It feels better after a soak in the bath or hot water bottle, and when I'm not focused on it. I know its my mind making it worse, but its getting me down now, I was thinking maybe going to have a professional massage once a week to see if that helps. Any suggestions welcome ! Thanks .x

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

Sorry posted this in the wrong forum ! X

NR
17-03-13, 10:07
Hello, Just a quick question.. what is H A?

dusty41
17-03-13, 10:16
Health Anxiety ! X

nomorepanic
17-03-13, 15:55
Moved to the HA forum for you

dusty41
17-03-13, 18:33
Thanks! X

Lilharry
17-03-13, 20:43
Yep massage is great! Do it! My massage therapist said once a month and baths and wheat bags in between. Do you clench your stomach muscles? I think this is the number one cause of my back pain. I find breathing exercises and relaxation techniques help a lot too.

LuisaE
17-03-13, 21:39
I'm in the same boat - will be having physio on a couple of weeks. It's been on and off for a good few months but got worse lately.

Have you been referred for physio? Or been given any exercises? I've been told when you stop using your stomach muscles properly you use your back and strain it.

Make sure you bend your knees when your bending and limiting. Sleeping with a pillow between your legs or on your back with a pillow under your thighs/knees is another good thing I've been told. Been doing that myself.

Is it lower back? Mine is just above my bum on my lower spine in the middle. It is hard to not panic about stuff especially wih HA.

Hope it eases up soon.

Red Flower
18-03-13, 14:21
I have back pain and it triggs my anxiety and anxiety makes my back pain worse. Hot bath helps a lot but not for a long. Massage is good. I'm doing yoga and gentle stretches. My back pain lasts for more then 10 years, it comes and go but defenetly getting worse after stress or when I'm tired.
I'm waiting for the results of my MRI scan but more likely they won't find anything serious. I ordered the book Overcoming chronic pain but it has not arrived yet. It's based on CBT.

buckeroo
18-03-13, 18:47
i broke my back in 1997,have had it rodded,plated and bolts running up my spine, totally disabled, atos healtchcare deemed me fit for work haha.this has put me in severe depression,with all the lies they put on there report.i think the stress and made me feel back ache even more.ive pretty much had enough of it all now.chronic back ache,depression,anxiety,horrible mood swings,short temper.nothing to get up for,cant talk to my partner.she came in from work today and i was still asleep at 3pm lol. what she cant understand is,if im asleep,i dont get chronic back ache.anyone who moans they have back ache,i have full sympathy for you.anyone who has back ache for 15 years like i have,i wish you well and i hope it goes.for me,theres no hope, ive been told the fusion i had failed and i have to live with it. im only 39 and feel 89.

dusty41
18-03-13, 19:05
Hi thanks for all your replies, they are very much appreciated ! I will go down the route of finding a masseur, I know its anxiety but some days I can only describe the pain as if someone's sticking red hit pokers into my back. I'm sorry buckaroo that your circumstances are so severe and are no way on the level as mine, I hope you can find some relief with your pain management , I would not wish back pain on my worst enemy ! Anyway thanks again everyone, heres to a brighter tomorrow ! X